Barack Obama - So Fresh and So Clean

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I'll bet Joe Biden kills at MadLibs...It's hard to choose which adjective I'm more offended by; Al Sharpton is fine.Senator Joe Biden described Senator Barack Obama as ???the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.???http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/bidens-blunder/?8dpc

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, I caught that today - what a jackass.

He is known for chewing on his foot on a regular basis.

Joe Biden: every Republican's favorite Democrat?

• So long Joe, we hardly knew ye.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm betting by the end of the week the Dems claim Joe plagiarized this from some Republican.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I'll bet Joe Biden kills at MadLibs...It's hard to choose which adjective I'm more offended by; Al Sharpton is fine.

Senator Joe Biden described Senator Barack Obama as ???the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.???

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/bidens-blunder/?8dpc

I just saw this on CNN in the student union. They intitally framed the incident as a personal attack rather than a racist generalization, so nobody around me was really paying it much attention. Then CNN cut to a transcript of the quote and people's eyes started bulging out of their heads. Un-fucking-believable.

• I'm betting by the end of this thread Guzzo will claim that we are all horrible racists.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm betting by the fifth response to this thread rossdumbfuck will bring my name into this

Ladies, please...

• Damn, I thought this was a Youtube!

• So long Joe, we hardly knew ye.

he will most likely get a pass, i have heard these same kind of statements from a lot of the democrats i know who don't see themselves as racist, mostly on the "he's so articulate" tip, i don't think they even know what they are saying and how it could be seen as racist

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm betting by the fifth response to this thread rossdumbfuck will bring my name into this

Damn, you sound more ass-hurt than a little bit.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

if being stalked in a passive-aggressive manner for several months by a dumbfuck that seems to have a hard-on for me = being ass-hurt then yes, I am guilty of being ass-hurt.

::awaiting his usual "I am not stalking you" response::

• Damn, I thought this was a Youtube!

ding, ding

• dayday 9,612 Posts

if being stalked in a passive-aggressive manner for several months by a dumbfuck that seems to have a hard-on for me = being ass-hurt then yes, I am guilty of being ass-hurt.

I have no comment other than Ross is anything but dumb.

• I'll bet Joe Biden kills at MadLibs...It's hard to choose which adjective I'm more offended by; Al Sharpton is fine.

Senator Joe Biden described Senator Barack Obama as ???the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.???

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/bidens-blunder/?8dpc

i think we have an early nominee for the john kerry award for 2007.

whatatool.

im surprised he didnt say "i have a lot of black friends"

• I'm betting by the fifth response to this thread rossdumbfuck will bring my name into this

I have no comment other than Ross goes dumb.

That will be his excuse for why it was OK to say
    this bullshit in the first place

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Well, at least now the rest of the world knows why he is forgoing an exploratory committee to test the waters: BECAUSE HE HAS NO SHOT AT EVEN COMING A CLOSE 3RD.

save that money, Joe.

What a dolt.

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_en_tv/biden2008

good move on his part.
    a lot of white people get so nervous when it comes to talking about race. i wish you could see thought bubbles over their heads: ohboy,did that come out racist? can i say black or is it afro-american? should i mention how i dated a black chick once? i wish i could just get in my volvo and go home.

• im surprised he didnt say "i have a lot of black friends"

because, like all those limousine liberals, he doesn't.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Don't you love those pseudo-liberals? You know, the ones that are all down for "the cause" until Jamal shows up to take their daughter Heather to the prom. Incidentally, the cops probably followed his Black-ass the whole way other there, since "we" don't belong "out there".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The best is Sharpton saying, 'I take a bath every day.'

• im surprised he didnt say "i have a lot of black friends"

unlike most republicans, who truly represent working people black and white, right?

• this is a waste of a news story. being attractive and "clean" is part of what makes a candidate electable. biden shouldn't have said anything, but i really only fault him for the bit about being "articulate." Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are better with words than any political candidate we've had in YEARS, and that goes for both parties. Sharpton is witty and one of my favorite politicians cause he doesn't bullshit. Him and Jackson were not mainstream candidates though and that is what Biden was really getting at. Obama is a state senator. End of story. Biden didnt need to point out the obvious. I agree that this will hurt his campaign big time.

• Sharpton is ... one of my favorite politicians cause he doesn't bullshit.

you obviously have a selective memory.

• ha, i meant as a political candidate...not a tiwanna brawley advocate.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    this is a waste of a news story. being attractive and "clean" is part of what makes a candidate electable. biden shouldn't have said anything, but i really only fault him for the bit about being "articulate."

You might--might--have a case if he had only noted that Obama was attractive, articulate, etc., but that's not what he did--he compared the entirety of the other Black candidates we've seen over the years to him unfavorably by using the word "first":

...the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

You don't see that that is deeply offensive?

Clean?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Joe Biden Lieberman: every Republican's favorite Democrat

Fixed. But Biden's making his run at the crown.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_en_tv/biden2008

good move on his part.
    a lot of white people get so nervous when it comes to talking about race. i wish you could see thought bubbles over their heads: ohboy,did that come out racist? can i say black or is it afro-american? should i mention how i dated a black chick once? i wish i could just get in my volvo and go home.

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts and Monte Carlo's
    And El Dorado's I'm waking up out of my slumber feeling like Ralo
    So follow it's your time at the Apollo
    Minus the Kiki Shepard what about a ho in a leopard-print
    Teddy Pender-grass cooler than Freddie Jackson
    Sippin a milkshake in a snowstorm
    Left my throat warm in the dorm room at the AU
    We do hey you And might do some cake too
    But you must have me mistaken with them statements that you make
    Cause...

Sen. Joe Biden said he really meant to say "fresh" instead of "clean" in describing Democratic presidential rival Sen. Barack Obama...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    The best is Sharpton saying, 'I take a bath in cocaine [/b] every day.'

• What do you want from Biden, Bushwood is restricted, so he doesnt meet a lot of clean negros.