Do you dream about records?

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
In my dream I'm at the back counter downstairs at the now-defunct Music Exchange in KC in front of their massive shelves of 78s and 45s. For some reason I'm asking for a copy of Apache.. (a little disappointing that this is the only record I'm looking for). My girl is with me... she doesn't know Apache so the guy behind the counter describes it to her as "about the same tempo as the Numbers Song by DJ Shadow" (wtf?). So I proceed to hum / beatbox the tune to her.. she gives me a "ok-you-can-stop-now" look thinly veiled as recognition and I wake up.Post your record-dream raers...

Comments

• I do. Most memorably, for feel if not detail, is on more than one occasion dreaming of stumbling into an EPIC attic type find with all kinds of unknown and insane looking local small label +/or private press grail type Lps that do not exist but in this dream. The covers range from homemade mingering to colombus discovers a new world type unknown region genre records that just gotta kill from the looks of 'em. I remember some of these waking up but they fade fasy and all I'm left with is vague recollection of a feeling something that was pretty bloody intense. Of course this could just be forshadowing. Or just a twisted variation of that being the xact opposite of what the months ahead hold in store. Which has pretty much been the case every time!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Waking up from a dream where you scored the mother load of raers sucks. I always feel like I actually have these records...then I wake up...It happened to me the other day.

• I do. Most memorably, for feel if not detail, is on more than one occasion dreaming of stumbling into an EPIC attic type find with all kinds of unknown and insane looking local small label +/or private press grail type Lps that do not exist but in this dream. The covers range from homemade mingering to colombus discovers a new world type unknown region genre records that just gotta kill from the looks of 'em. I remember some of these waking up but they fade fasy and all I'm left with is vague recollection of a feeling something that was pretty bloody intense. Of course this could just be forshadowing. Or just a twisted variation of that being the xact opposite of what the months ahead hold in store. Which has pretty much been the case every time!

my girl and i were just talkin about this the other day. yeah , i've had it a few times. "man, i've nevvvvvvver
    seen (insert favorite label here) before!" specially when you seen all the cover art, labels, etc. maybe we need a help group.

ps- y'all ever listen to dream records?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I dream of puttin my fist through yo face!!

gyeah....

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    he he yeah!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

gyeah....

keep dreamin'

• about once every couple months or so i'll have a dj nightmare wherein i can no longer operate the equipment in front of me - either a radio board or a pair of 1200s.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

gyeah....

Your breasts look small.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

ps- y'all ever listen to dream records?
    That and 'dream beats'. It's a trip when you can, at the very least, partially remember the rhythm of those songs/beats.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• Records are an element in my life that, like other lelements, end up in my dreams.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Records are an element in my life that, like other elements, end up in my dreams.

Same here.

I once dreamed that I was living in New York [Why NYC? I don't know] and there was a record store on every corner street. I was looking for a job in one of 'em.

• ps- y'all ever listen to dream records?
    That and 'dream beats'. It's a trip when you can, at the very least, partially remember the rhythm of those songs/beats.

YES ! thank you, the worst is flippin through a dream record and find "the braek" like damn, i needa flip that, then, boom, you're awake.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    If you play an instrument, do you get the dreams where you play something completely :faysmelt:, wake up, get the [bass for me] in your hands, but can't recreate it? :hulkeyezorz!!!11!11!one!:

• I dream of puttin my fist through yo face!!

gyeah....

Your breasts look small.
    litttle C cups, nice tho

• ps- y'all ever listen to dream records?

I bought a little iriver that sits by the bed for humming shit out into. Some of my best work has come out of half sleep.

I'll be thinking when I wake up "wow that was a great song in my dream..." and then it will dawn on me that the song doesn't exist, and my brain made it, and it's a mad scramble to get individual parts down.

PS- listening to yourself sleepily hum out horn parts later is pretty funny.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I no longer dream about RAER PIECES, I LIVE THEM. BUY DAT RAER!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I no longer dream about RAER PIECES, I LIVE THEM. BUY DAT RAER!

Still losing our vinyl virginity, are we?

I didn't start dreaming about records until I saw this damn thread. Now I wake up thinking I was at a thrift pulling stupid raers like it was no big deal.

• i sometimes dream about finding records that someone asked me to look for.
    i have dreams that im in a record store and that i find a bunch of records and the store is closing and stuff like that.
    i mostly dream about my mpc though.
    i dream about cutting up samples and then i wake up and i feel inspired to make some beats.
    i love it when you wake up and its like you just been on a adventure.
    one thing though
    i dont know about yall but sometimes i try to have sex with my girl when were asleep.
    i guess i try getting with her while im dreaming and start dry humpin her .i know it sounds crazy but she wakes up and kicks me till i stop and roll over.
    not all the time but every now and then, its weird.