Recent Comedy Albums You Are Feeling

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I'm thinking more like newer comedy albums that are really funny. I was listeing to that dane cook album while driving yesterday and thought it would be a good thread to rep some of the albums you are feeling. I'll rep one while I'm at it. Didn't think it would be that funny but it was.... Whatcha got?

Comments

• I don't know about Dane Cook, he is kind of the natural ice of comedy. But hearing Bobcat talk about setting the stage on fire at the tonight show is funny as hell.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Duuuude!!

and

"That Dane Cook, he's a silly bitch!!"

• I used to like Dane Cook, but he just got unfunny to me.

That being said, check out Demetri Martin:

Jim Gaffigan

Todd Barry

Going back a little further, Dave Attell is always great:

And anything Bill Hicks.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Louis CK doesn't have an LP as far as I know, but his new HBO special is hysterical:

• Louis CK doesn't have an LP as far as I know, but his new HBO special is hysterical:

Dave Attell is hilarious as well.

Anyone who thinks Dane Cook is remotely funny should be banned.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I knew there would be dane cook hatters out there. I gotta see if that luis c.k. is on demand. That dude is funny.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    This one isn't THAT recent, but I find myself listening to it again and again (always a good sign for a comedy album).

sample:

"Kids are growing up so fast these days ...

thats why I think the legal age of consent should be lowered to 15.

C'mon, they're f**king anyway ... they're f**king at 13, don't look at me like I'm some sort of monster. What, some 16 year old with zits all over his face who pops after 20 seconds, he gets to f**k her? But I'm a grown man with skills!"

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    I'm gonna to listen Norm MacDonald's Ridiculous tonight. I have high hopes.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I know this record is not that funny

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But I like to play that track called Kindergarten over some instrumentals and scratch in when he says "Gwam-cwacka" (graham cracker).

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Anything by Neil Hamburger.

In hia real life persona, Hamburger is a record freak as well, which is why he makes sure to release his comedy albums on vinyl. He's opening up for Tenacious D right now, which is kind of funny in itself.

I've often talked about the summer where I made an attempt to collect every 101 Strings album ever made. I owe that, and my love of corny ass Dora Hall records, to Mr. Hamburger.

Where there's a parking lot, there's Neil Hamburger, and the world should be thankful. For what I'm not sure, but there we go.

Here's a photo of two great lords of entertainment. Bow down and praise them, mufalakas

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    that luis c.k. special was great. I loves how he goofs on his kids and that bag of dicks rant is really funny!!!

• That being said, check out Demetri Martin:

Demetri Martin took Mitch Hedberg's schtick and completely missed the point.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

That being said, check out Demetri Martin:

Demetri Martin took Mitch Hedberg's schtick and completely missed the point.

At least he got the haricut right.

• Not sure why people think Demetri Martin's funny, but he's launching Mircosoft Vista a la those mac commcerials.

• Duuuude!!

and

"That Dane Cook, he's a silly bitch!!"

GFTOHWTBS

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Easily my favorite comedy album of the last few years is Patton Oswalt's Feeling Kinda Patton[/b]. I liked the last two David Cross albums but I got tired of them pretty fast.

Reaching back a little further, Bruce McCullogh's Shame Based Man[/b] was one of my favorite musical comedy albums, I haven't heard his more recent album but I do like the old one. I'd say it's probably not for everyone.

I don't get Dane Cook at all, but if he tickles your comedy bone then I say more power to you.

• Demetri Martin took Mitch Hedberg's schtick and completely missed the point.

Hedberg was great, and maybe Martin was influenced by him, but they are both the sons of Steven Wright's style. Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of room in comedy for all of that. It's not a complete ripoff, like Leary did to Hicks.

Feelin' Kinda Patton is great stuff. He makes it seem like stream of consiousness, which is so hard to do. I've seen him perform that routine several times, and each time it's almost identical. But it still makes me laugh. Shows how polishd his set is.

• My favorite comedy albums of the last few years:

• This one isn't THAT recent, but I find myself listening to it again and again (always a good sign for a comedy album).

sample:

"Kids are growing up so fast these days ...

thats why I think the legal age of consent should be lowered to 15.

C'mon, they're f**king anyway ... they're f**king at 13, don't look at me like I'm some sort of monster. What, some 16 year old with zits all over his face who pops after 20 seconds, he gets to f**k her? But I'm a grown man with skills!"

how is this?? big fan of arrested development!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

KEEP IT BROWN.[/b]

• KEEP IT BROWN.[/b]

Ahh yeah, that's a real good album too. I kind of forgot about that one when I did my rundown since I don't own the album, but instead *cough* downloaded it.

• .... deleted

• this is a kinda old and dude is dead but dude is and will always be the best...