what are good games for the dreamcast?

2»

Comments

• SHENMUE
    SHENMUE 2

SOUL CALIBUR

HOUSE OF THE DEAD

THOSE ARE MY FAVORITES... THE SHENMUE GAMES ARE UNBELIEVABLY DOPE!!! GET THOSE FIRST....

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I'll cosign on Shenmue and most of the games mentioned here. Been trying to find Shenmue 2 on the cheap for the last few months but it's something like $40-$50 on eBay. Madness.

i have these shenmue II 4-disc copies that my friend had from his friend who gave him the DC console. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to make them work. since i guess they are import games, i am guessing something special needs to happen for them to load? i spent a lot of time last night figuring out how to make a boot-cd and when i finally was able to burn one that worked, it still didn't allow the shenmue discs to load. if you have any ideas i wouldn't mind hooking you up with copies, if they indeed are capable of loading.

You need a PAL to American conversion CD. I can consult a friend on this one, cuz I wouldn't know where/how to do this either.

would it be something like this?
    http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/dreamcast-boot-p-194.html

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yes, but in reverse. Imports to the UK might mean stuff from America going to them. You need the reverse. You should be able to find a DL of it on the internets somewhere. Maybe I can get ahold of him and send you a copy of the CD.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    cosign everything but shenmue, how'd you guys sit through that boring mess of a game.

i'd add:
    ikaruga (it's hard as shit though)
    bangai-o
    capcom vs. snk 2
    SAMBA DE AMIGO!

• i spent a lot of time last night figuring out how to make a boot-cd

Shenmue is dope! although you either love it or hate it... once you get into it then it's truely magical. It's wasn't released on DC in America because Microsoft bought exclusivity for xbox. If you want to play import game then try the Utopia bootdisc, that's what I use, you can get it for free and it works great

On the crazy-nuts-insane but fun and great 2d fighting games it's all about JO JO's BIZARRE ADVENTURE (get the Japanese version if you want red not white blood )

also co-sign bangai-o, that is one of my favourite games ever

PLUS there are some great homebrew games out there you can download, put on a disc and play which are dope. peep this website for that stuff http://www.dcevolution.net/ (Beats of Rage is the illest one!)

if you get on torrents you should also check out Propeller Arena - it was gonna be released but got cancelled at the last minute due to 9/11. It's a really good fun multiplayer flying game.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I would just like to take this opportunity to challenge all of you, and claim that I am the best Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 player out of all of you.

That is all.

- spidey

• thanks everyone for the Shenmue recommendation. I played that for over 20 hours when I had the flu this weekend and finished it. it was crazy absorbing and addictive. i got the shenmue II discs to work, but the free quest speech audio was cut to make the game fit which bugs me enough to not play it.

thanks also to spidey for the links to the dc tutorial. i was finally able to figure out how to "backup" DC games

shenmue = i'm a fan now

• i remember this gem:

seaman

• Confidential mission is a good shooting game...

Super Puzzle fighter 2x is utterly addicting...

Ikaruga is an incredible shooter...I heard bangai-O is good too but never played it...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    seaman was fucking annoying.