Unexpected trip to Salt Lake City

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I am flying very unexpectedly to Salt Lake city tomorrow ( sunday ) As my last living Grandparent ( my dads mom ) is passing. I will only be there for three or four days. Mainly Im going for to offer moral support to My Pops and more or less say good-bye to my Grandmother. She has found out she has a pretty large brain tumour and hasnt got much time so they told me to come now. I havent been back in a very long time and it will be nerve racking seeing a whole lot of people I havent seen since I was 11 or 12.Im hoping to get some alone time while Im there to visit my childhood home and various places that I remember. I also wouldnt mind finding some record stores or perhaps going to an event after the parents have gone to sleep. I know there was a thread not too long ago about digging spots and utah strutters. I will be in the Salt Lake and Ogden area.Any help or info, or direction to that other thread is much appreciated. As I said Im leaving tomorrow fairly early and have to work tonight...but PM me or post here and I'll try to check it when I get into town.Thanks a lot.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Sorry girl.

I have never been to Utah, but I did some googling and found this:

http://utah.citysearch.com/profile/10384476

Good Luck

elise

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    everything is closed on a sunday
    its like a ghost town
    mormons creep me out like republican lizard people
    you'll see

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    its like a ghost town
    you'll see

She grew up there.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    its like a ghost town
    you'll see

She grew up there.

i don't care dammitt

• It's all about Randy's Records on 9th south and 2nd east. It's closed sun-mon so go on tues. if you're still there.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Man I feel you, they creep me out too. My whole family is mormon except for my mom and pop who were both the black sheep of their families. It will be alright though even if its a little tough. Im not a big fan of flying and Ive never had to jump on a plane so quickly before so I havent even geared up for it yet and Im leaving in a matter of hours. Oh well, I know my dad needs me and that is all that matters. One thing I hate about going to Utah is having to go to a liquor store to buy beer that is higher than 3.2%. Im use to the strong and tasty micros.

So Randys on Tuesday it is, good looking out. Ive still havent quite figured out how to use the search function on here so I havent even tried finding the utah thread yet. Anyhow thanks for the words and suggestions.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ive still havent quite figured out how to use the search function on here so I havent even tried finding the utah thread yet. Anyhow thanks for the words and suggestions.

I did a quick search for the past year, and found nothing - are
    you sure there was one?