R.I.P. Disco D

soul_lurkersoul_lurker 99 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I'm always the last to know about this kind of stuff. It's sad but I met this guy a couple times when he came into A*****Y Records in BK. He was eager to tell me about what he was into, and as far as I know he was blowin up. Kfed jokes aside. Dude is dead. I feel really strange when it comes to discussions about suicide but I feel like just puttin this out there. I found out about this last night, so it just making me think. How creative people are pretty hard on themselves, ( i know because im a self critical bast**d), and for the most part i'm pretty critical about music. But i seriously mean this, peopleKEEP DOIN WHAT YR DOIN!http://www.discod.com/theboards/viewtopic.php?t=6251

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the beat on that second clip is insane!
    such a shame.

• Options
    RIP to the kid. I met him briefly a few years ago at a party, he was managed by the company my ex-girl worked for. D was real cool and funny as hell, made an impression on you even only from talking to him for a few minutes.

Funny I was just thinking about him yesterday, I heard a radio interview snippet where 50 said his last album did 9.8 million. Made me wonder how much D pocketed from the tracks he did. Now I wake up to this thread, makes me sad.

• 313313 21 Posts
    detroit loses another great. R.I.P. D