...hold our tongues and stay our hands...

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
fulll of FRESH threads about [i]nothingStupidity is betterkept a secretthan displayed??????We specialize in the refloating of intellectuals marooned on the rocks of perdition.??? ???We slipped out of our seats and said Excuse me Excuse me Excuse me down the length of our row, while the people grumbled and hissed and shifted their rain boots and umbrellas to let us pass, and I stepped on as many feet as I could because it took my mind off this enormous desire to puke that was ballooning up in front of me so fast I couldn???t see round it.??? He is in touch with himself only by worship of the idol. He has become estranged from his own life forces, from the wealth of his own potentialities, and is in touch with himself only in the indirect way of submission to life froze in the idols.This is, incidentally, also the psychology of the fanatic. He is empty, dead, depressed, but in order to compensate for the state of depression and inner deadness, he chooses an idol, be it the state, a party, an ideal, the church, or God. He makes this idol into the absolute, and submits to it in an absolute way. In doing so his life attains meaning, and he finds excitement in the submission to the chosen idol. His excitement, however, does not stem from joy in productive relatedness; it is intense, yet cold excitement built upon inner deadness or, if one would want to put it symbolically, it is "burning ice."" . . . prevent the paths of desire from being overgrown" We're not here to answer cuntish questions!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

nice

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    incredible.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    refreshing

• hold my hand and flay my tongue

they tore down my most favorite taqueria in the whole wide world. they did it. bastards. ok, it wasnt the best, as far as flavor, and they didnt have my beloved MACHACA, but tres amigos was magical for so many reasons.

reason 1
    you could tell that tres amigos was an prime example of a folk architectural masterpiece. originally, a simple taco stall along the famed pacific coast highway. not that i ever saw it in that encarnation, but anyone with eyeballs could tell. later, an addition of a covered dining area was added with uneven slat picnic tables and plastic window panes that hardly kept out the ocean breeze.

reason 2
    a 3 minute walk from tres amigos was the entrance to tidepools. i was always hecka suprised that more of them foofie-friscans didnt crowd the spot, but i guess it wasnt nearly as purty as the emeryville ikea. in fact im not even gon mention it by name, im sure one could figure that shit out. but anyways, this was my spot. see, im not really a cityboy. and every week i HAD TO LEAVE THE CITY. i just couldnt take it. all the people in MY way. chinese grandma's muscling in on shig's leafy greens. 10 minute lines at 7-11. no left turn. one way streets. motherfucken scooter dudes. the goddam arguello 33 that was never EVER ON TIME GODDAMIT I NEED TO GET CROSS TOWN AND THE VIEW DAMMIT U SHOULD RUN EVERY 5 MINUTES SO FOLKS CAN ENJOY BUT HELL NO HOLY MOTHEREFFEN CHICKEN SHIT TICKYTACK DPT SONSOFBIIIIIITTTTCCCCHHHHHEZZZZZZ!!!!!!

sorry bout that. well, anyways, here's the new tres amigos, built on the gravesite of the original.

prefab stucco castle carved from lard. i hate you.

in closing id like to also say. HUNTS DONUTS RIP

i still miss you bay area.

love,
    shig