B.B. King In the Hospital in Texas

OldschoolspinnaOldschoolspinna 311 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
BB King hospitalized for unknown reasons BY: Actress Archives | Friday, January 26, 2007 The 81 year-old blues legend, B.B. King, was hospitalized in Texas for undisclosed reasons this week, but a hospital official told the AP on Friday morning that the superstar was in good condition. King was supposed to perform last night at the Grand Opera House in Galveston, but was admitted to The University of Texas Medical Branch in town, according to Paul McCarthy, a nurse administrator.A spokesman for the hospital told the AP that King had a low fever but was resting comfortably. He had no information on what ailment King was suffering from but did think that the legend would be released later today or tomorrow. King has a history of diabetes.The AP tried to track down B.B. King's management agency or spokesperson early Friday but could not get messages immediately returned. The man with the guitar named Lucille has created dozens of huge blues and crossover hits including "The Thrill is Gone," "You Upset Me Baby," and "Every Day I Have the Blues." Many of King's early recordings were produced by Sam Phillips, the legend who went on to found SUn Records. King was at his most popular in the '50s with a huge string of hits. In 1964, King recorded Live at the Regal in Chicago, a legendary blues album. He broke out of blues with "The Thrill is Gone," a record that was so huge in 1969 that it crossed over to rock audience appeal. He continued to appeal to rockers after opening for The Rolling Stones that same year. He may be most well-known to modern non-Blues audiences from his work with U2 on the Rattle and Hum CD on the song "When Loves Come to Town" or his work with Eric Clapton's on 2000's Riding with the King. From the '50s to the '80s, B.B. King appeared on Billboard's R&B chart 74 times.King was born in Itta Bena, MS on a plantation and started his musical career playing for pocket change on street corners. From that humble beginning, he went on to become one of the most influential blues musicians ever. In December, King was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bush for his musical contributions.Hang in there BB

Comments

• that really sucks. I hope he's okay. I'm doing a show with him in Salisbury Feb 16.