Music at work

ladydayladyday 623 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I'm lucky I work in an office that allows us to play whatever music we want over the shared speakers, but there's about to be a throwdown between the indie scenester rock chick and the 40-something disco queen, who absolutely cannot tolerate each others taste in music and are starting to get openly hostile about it. This could get interesting. Does your job allow you to play what you want? Do you "share" music with your co-workers or does everyone keep it to their own area? Any memorable music-related incidents?I'm lucky enough to have my own office so I can tune out whatever's going on out in the general area. I mostly alternate between streaming mixes, listening to the Sirius internet stream, and Yahoo Launchcast. I am digging Yahoo at the moment, anyone listen to it? I have the New Jack Swing channel on now. But I like how you can rate songs and create your own channel based on your own ratings.What music gets you through your workday??

Comments

• My bosses were some of the main people at the label Mammoth Records before Disney shut it down. So their CD shelf in the office has about 500+ CDs. But they're sick of all of them so they count on me to bring CDs in for the office CD changer.

Here's what I put on deck today:

John Holt: Greatest Hits
    The Go: 2nd album
    Jet: Shine On
    Nancy Sinatra: Nancy (2004 comeback album)
    Trippin: The Groove Merchant Compilation

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I'm lucky enough to have my own office so I can Listen to whatever I want whenever I want.

And mostly I work in silence or listen to talk radio podcasts or streams from back in Minneapolis. It goes back to when I used to drive for a living.

I guess I listen to jazz a lot too.

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    I had just typed out this great story about how I once drove an annoying co-worker to quit by playing Devo's "whip-it" for two hours straight..but when I pressed continue I got...
    "The form you have submitted is no longer valid."