weldon irvine and muhammad ali 45!?

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Mounted in a frame? Is it still playable?

• who knows...hard to tell the condition of the vinyl thru the glass. it better be mint at that price!
    dude should take it out the frame and rip it and post the audio to the auction. i wonder if it's as good as that muhammad ali tooth decay lp...?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    funny theres no mention of the musical quality of the 45.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

One of a kind 45 rpm demo record destined to become a very high dollar (five figure) acquistion.[/b] I've owned this record for over 25 years and have yet to find another one of it's kind. Trying to research the rarity of this recording on this particular format was obviously tough until the computer age but even still I have yet to come up with anyone who has any knowledge of another copy anywhere. And I'm talking about emails to the Weldon J. Irvine Jr., who arranged and produced "Liberated Brother", prior to his untimely death. Emails to RCA records, Dunbar and Nodlew Music.

How foolish of Manship to offer it for a mere four pounds.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

One of a kind 45 rpm demo record destined to become a very high dollar (five figure) acquistion.[/b] I've owned this record for over 25 years and have yet to find another one of it's kind. Trying to research the rarity of this recording on this particular format was obviously tough until the computer age but even still I have yet to come up with anyone who has any knowledge of another copy anywhere. And I'm talking about emails to the Weldon J. Irvine Jr., who arranged and produced "Liberated Brother", prior to his untimely death. Emails to RCA records, Dunbar and Nodlew Music.

How foolish of Manship to offer it for a mere four pounds.

The esquire has now become the detective.
    Say

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    oh shit i just noticed how much the starting bid was..... I thought poprock was just pointing out that this was not an "UNKNOWN" 45. Ebay is for terd burglars

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    oh shit i just noticed how much the starting bid was..... I thought poprock was just pointing out that this was not an "UNKNOWN" 45. Ebay is for terd burglars

and mad

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I love how the fact that the Weldon Irvine estate ignored his e-mails somehow equals confirmation of the record's rarity.

Pathetic.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If you are a serious collector, do the research, try and find another copy and when you can't, submit your bid. Like I said, I can not find another copy anywhere, period. There are no guarantees that another copy does not exists but if you can't find it on the world wide web, then?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4854127930

Boy, he really hopes people are stupid.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    what's wrong with you people?

i just emailed the dude to let him know about the grave mistake that he made in his listing.

He has the ONLY KNOWN FRAMED COPY.

i have never seen the framed issue w/ the signed ali battle photo.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

It's true. I looked all over the interwebs and couldn't find one. And if you can't find it on the interwebs, then?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

It's true. I looked all over the interwebs and couldn't find one. And if you can't find it on the interwebs, then?

i love it when people say the interwebs.
    it tickles me inside.

• ive seen that 45 more than ive seen any other weldon material.
    it aint that great, imho

i hope that dude gets some bids though. that would be awesome.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    i just emailed the dude

OHMYGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    THISIS SO AWESOME, HOW RAER!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Please, no games.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    In good condition.

also dude needs a new digital camera or at least one with a flash.

• and for the record (pun intended) The Greatest doesn't actually sing on the record. the vocal means that it's not an instrumental version of the song. and

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    dude just emailed me back to say that he ended the listing and thank me.
    the poor chap actually thought he "had something good" as he put it.
    ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO USE THE INTERWEB.