›

what would u ask dave grusin??

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I live in the same town as Dave Grusin and i've been thinkin of tryin to do an interview project on him for school.I don't know too much about him so i thought i'd throw it out to the soulstrut massive and see what y'all have to say on the subject.peace

Comments

• any outtakes from the Candy OST? and can I have the reels plaese.

• how much of a hand did he have in the making of bernard wrights nard' lp. as well as any tom browne related sessions. be nice to have those masters too.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    why was baretta never released as an ost??? considering how popular the tv show was. also... where are the masters now, along with the masters to the music from the tv movie the friends of eddie coyle and the movie the fuzz?
    Somebody needs to find those masters and make a comp out of those soundtracks. they are on some three days of the condor type shit.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Here's a question:

1. A lot of people are getting into soundtrack albums, more than before. Are there plans to release, reissue, and remaster any of that work in the near future, either on CD, DVD-A, or vinyl?

• I'll take note of all these ?'s..Thanks

• didn't he arrange or produce those great Jon Lucien LPs like Rashida? i'd ask him about that

• DUDE! ask him about his version of "Countdown". Lee Ritenour also did it, i think he wrote it, but the grusin version kills. but i think ritenour plays guitar on it...and ask if it's really a live version or a mix of live and studio. and tell him how much me and my dj partner love the tune...just don't mention we are using it on a mix.