Roots Of Hip Hop (DL related)

butterybiscuitsbutterybiscuits 300 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Just put this up...a few exclusive tape jammies from waaaaay way back in the day. Thanks to G-Man of The Underground Railroad...Monk-One hosts...Tracklist:Go Bang! ThemeMighty Tom Cats ??? Smokin??? Cheeba Cheeba (Winley)Spoonie Gee ??? Spoonin??? Rap (Sound Of New York)Cloud One ??? Patty Duke (Sound Of New York)Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five ??? Super Rappin??? (Live at the T-Connection)The Younger Generation ??? We Rap More Mellow (Brass)Stephanie Mills ??? Put Your Body In It (20th Century)Freedom ??? Get Up and Dance (TK)Disco Dave & the Force 5 MC???s ??? High Power Rap (Mike & Dave)It???s Your Rock (instrumental) ??? Fantasy Three (Specific)Kool Moe Dee Live MC-ingTreacherous Three ??? At the Party (Enjoy)7th Wonder ??? Daisy Lady (Casablanca)Mean Machine ??? Disco Dream (Sugarhill)Funky Four + 1 ??? That???s The Joint (Sugarhill)Disco Four ??? School Beats (Profile)Full Force ??? Alice, I Want You Just For Me (CBS)Afrika Bambaataa & The Jazzy Five MC???s ??? Jazzy Sensation (Tommy Boy)Cold Crush MCs vs. The Fantastic Romantic Five (Live at Harlem World)Funkadelic ??? You???ll Like It Too (LAX)Grandmaster Flash ??? The Adventures of Flash On the Wheels of Steel (Sugarhill) DL directly HEREor get it on the SITEpeace.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    where the fuck is cecil taylor on that list?

pffft.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    great stuff so far.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Looks like a goodie ... I'll DL 'er when I get home.

Question - was Cheeba Cheeba the Mighty Tomcats or the Harlem Underground Band ... or are they the same thing? Interchangeable name for the Winley in house band? My Cheeba Cheeba says Harlem Underground ... so just wondering.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    muchos gracias

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this is the best thing i've seen on soulstrut in months.

• Looks like a goodie ... I'll DL 'er when I get home.

Question - was Cheeba Cheeba the Mighty Tomcats or the Harlem Underground Band ... or are they the same thing? Interchangeable name for the Winley in house band? My Cheeba Cheeba says Harlem Underground ... so just wondering.

Mighty Tomcats & HUB were the same thing, the same recording - just on different pressings. apparently, Winley would do a bunch of this repackaging/repressing type of steez. Even that George Benson "Erotic Moods" LP version is the same as above. I guess there is question as to whether George Benson was actually on that recording, cause he himself says no?!! weird biz.

• ahhhhhh. thanks for this.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    A great listen all the way through. Thanks for sharing.

• Nice one !!!