insuring records

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I know this is a FAQ but who do people use for insuring records? Ideally my wife & I would like to get renters insurance for our place + some additional for things like computers and records. We don't own our own home, unfortunately. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Danno3000 had this on lock. I would suggest hollering at dude. And buying a copy of his cd...which you could insure, too.

peace

h

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I think these records are what the insurance folks call "separately scheduled" items, where you pay more for a certain amount of protection. There may be hassles if you try to collect on proving value, as appraisals can be challenged.

Before Johnny Paychecks became all good records and stuff, plantain chips was into the insurance schemes. Might want to check with him on the PM.

Hi,
    JRoot

• Thanks for the leads all. I've got danno's & johnny's info somewhere,

Otherwise I will have to break out the duck call.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I think these records are what the insurance folks call "separately scheduled" items, where you pay more for a certain amount of protection. There may be hassles if you try to collect on proving value, as appraisals can be challenged.