Which Apple

thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I am at a point in my life to breakdown and get Microwave- which isn't a bad thing, I know. I am looking into the different apple macbooks and was wondering if the 13", black, 2.0 GHz, works.I know the best is to get the Macbook Pro 17", etc. etc. but I am on a budget.Any suggestions or feedback, please.

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I'm sure that would work great but, if you live near an Apple store, try it out. I found it to be too small. The resolution is very fine ... mixed with a small monitor makes for some serious squinting at its native resolution. Though I know some folks that have it and are very happy.

Tip ... if you aren't a student, find a student friend. You can get the MacBook Pro 15" for $1800 (I'm happily typing on one right now). That is by no means "cheap", but its well worth the investment.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I am at a point in my life to breakdown and get
    Microwave- which isn't a bad thing, I know.

I am looking into the different apple macbooks and was wondering if the 13", black, 2.0 GHz, works.

I know the best is to get the Macbook Pro 17", etc. etc. but I am on a budget.

Any suggestions or feedback, please.

Dude, I use the plain core duo (not 2) black macbook 13" for the past 4 months in the club. Shit is perfect. The best investment I've made as far as a computer goes.

If I were you, I would save the cash and not get anything bigger (Macbook Pro or PC), because the compact size of the macbook is perfect. The battery life is great, the only thing you'll be getting for the extra money you spend on a pro is less battery life, something bigger and heavier. NOT ESSENTIAL IN THE CLUB. I wack the macbook out with one hand, can fit anywhere on the stage and BAM! Justin Timberlake's in the house! hahahaha

Here are my essential recommendations when purchasing;
    1. max out the hard drive (I got 80 gigs, I wish I got more)
    2. get 1 gig of ram, if not 2 gigs
    3. get a keyboard protector

Also make sure you use the USB port for $erato thats closest to the trackpad. The other one will cause USB dropouts. thats it. Enjoy, shit runs $erato like a charm bro!! Also if you're strapped for the hard drive space $$ can always just buy external USB 2.5" joints, I have three of 'em and use 'em for gigs no problem all the time!

MACBOOK BLACK -

peace.