RECYCLE THAT VINYL BATCHES!

oripsorips 238 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody put their old/shitty records to good use? Let's see some examples.

Comments

• I used 2 12" records for a mousetrap car project in Physics when I was a senior in highschool

Also, you can make little boxes out of LP covers

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    What would be the best way to cut your own coasters? They have to be stamped out to avoid cracking? I got rinked raers. Once I got them cut I can just dip them in urethane.

• Junior high science I made a mousetrap-propelled (axle) with 2 vinyl back wheels and one front CD wheel.

My friends made those melted-down candy dishes.

Anyone make a clock with one?

• Anybody put their old/shitty records to good use? Let's see some examples.

I hope that Lulu doesnt have "love loves to love love" on the flip, as some copies of "to sir with love" have,because if it does, that dude is wasting a damn fine record.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Anybody put their old/shitty records to good use? Let's see some examples.

I hope that Lulu doesnt have "love loves to love love" on the flip, as some copies of "to sir with love" have,because if it does, that dude is wasting a damn fine record.

At least the Janet Jackson record was put to better use.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    What would be the best way to cut your own coasters? They have to be stamped out to avoid cracking? I got rinked raers. Once I got them cut I can just dip them in urethane.

i usta heat a tin can to make a hole in kick heads for miking. dont see why this wouldnt work.

ps... how was the last budos show? wanted to check it, but i was outta town.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

(shameless self promotion)

• that's a dope logo

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

i usta heat a tin can to make a hole in kick heads for miking. dont see why this wouldnt work.

so heat the open edge of the tin can, place on record and whack with mallet? Sounds like a plan. I would put them in the bar but they'd be gone in seconds.

Budos gig was biggest yet, dancing on chairs kind of thing. I'm getting glo sticks for the next one. Really good stuff. Hopefully El Michels Affair will be similar.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    I would put them in the bar but they'd be gone in seconds.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I would put them in the bar but they'd be gone in seconds.

Yeah but some are 2 siders!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. Freakbeat fire!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

so heat the open edge of the tin can, place on record and whack with mallet? Sounds like a plan. I would put them in the bar but they'd be gone in seconds.

I recently realized you can "burn" virtually any shape you want out of vinyl with a candle and an x-acto knife. If you get it hot enough it will go through it like butter. It smells like ass and I dont know how harmful it is to inhale that so wear a mask or something. Anyways Ive been wanting to experiment with making beads and such. I like the tin can idea for more precision, for circles especially. I wonder if cookie cutters would work??

• Handbags anyone?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    ive heard of a science exparament where you glue a spool of thread (side up) over the hole of a record and fill a ballon with air and quickly put the ballon over the spool and the record will hover above the table untill the ballon runs out of air. the air is evenly distributed over the surface of the bottom of the record and it hovers.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    Junior high science I made a mousetrap-propelled (axle) with 2 vinyl back wheels and one front CD wheel.

My friends made those melted-down candy dishes.

Anyone make a clock with one?

Ive actually made a bunch of clocks, heres my record clock and another. Can't seem to find any other photos at the moment.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Don't play frisbee widdem, I was telling strutter Manduro about my Bobby Brown frisbee injury. Son, don't risk it!