Paul Wall in Dipset?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
From the Chingo Bling board:Cam'Ron was one of the performers at the Hot 97 Summer Jam concert today in New York... Paul Wall did a set with him.... Cam said Pauls officiall Dipset... pic of Cam'Ron introducing Paul... I don't see Paul Wall in those pics, though. Unless the original poster is joking an calling that little kid Paul Wall. (Or maybe Cam called out some li'l white kid and pretended he was Paul, which would be a funny way to start beef and [sarcasm]would do great for their numbers[/sarcasm]!) Can anybody confirm this?This whole Hip Hop "crew" thing is silly to me. I mean, I could see if dudes grew up together and shit, but just saying "Hey, you wanna be part of our rap crew? It'd be soooooo fuckin' cool if you were with us" kinda waters it down, doyouknowwhereIamcomingfrominregardstothismatter?Herm

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    That kid's white?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    From the Chingo Bling board:

Cam'Ron was one of the performers at the Hot 97 Summer Jam concert today in New York... Paul Wall did a set with him.... Cam said Pauls officiall Dipset... pic of Cam'Ron introducing Paul...

I don't see Paul Wall in those pics, though. Unless the original poster is joking an calling that little kid Paul Wall. (Or maybe Cam called out some li'l white kid and pretended he was Paul, which would be a funny way to start beef and [sarcasm]would do great for their numbers[/sarcasm]!) Can anybody confirm this?

This whole Hip Hop "crew" thing is silly to me. I mean, I could see if dudes grew up together and shit, but just saying "Hey, you wanna be part of our rap crew? It'd be soooooo fuckin' cool if you were with us" kinda waters it down, doyouknowwhereIamcomingfrominregardstothismatter?

Herm

I agree. unless you came up together, like, trading members of crews and shit is too much like wrestling.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    That kid's white?

probably not a big leap though. I mean they are both on warner asylum where jim jones is ceo of black music right?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    probably not a big leap though. I mean they are both on warner asylum where jim jones is ceo of black music right?

yeah i was gonna say this reeks of some marketing bullshit. ala game-> gunit.

i fuck with both the dips and paul, but if this is the case i don't see this being a beneficial mix for either.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I read somewhere that both Cam & Jim Jones are in the "Sittin' Sidewayz" video, too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dipset have enough white kids listening to their music already anyway, right?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    dipset have enough white kids listening to their music already anyway, right?

"Ask your [white] kids if they feel my bars"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This same rumor circulated about six months ago. I think Cam probably said that Paul's officially fam or something like that--without intending to imply that there were any contractual arrangements or that there would be a Diplomat's logo on Paul's upcoming album--and gossiping-azz little dudes are running with it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i guess this is probably more like twista being an "honorary diplomat"

paul wall will probably be pretty big.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I read somewhere that both Cam & Jim Jones are in the "Sittin' Sidewayz" video, too.

I saw the making of the video on M2 today,it appears that Jim Jones is in it posing on a lowrider bicycle.I didn't notice Cam though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    paul wall will probably be pretty huge.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    and gossiping-azz little dudes are running with it.

Well, call me Carl Lewis!!!

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    i missed the dips while looking for parking @ giants stadium, but the text messages were blowing up PAULWALL DIPSET AAAAHHHH and whatnot.

in grand summerjam special guest tradition, they just brought dude out to do his verse from "still tippin" and that was it. kind of bummed i didn't see em, but then d-block brought out sizzla for the "never scared" remix and ghostface for "run" and all was good in the world.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    paul wall is featured on the new juelz 12" as well.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Does this mean Cam ain't fuckin' with Master P anymore? And is this supposed to be an upgrade from Mr. 'Bout It 'Bout It?