joc max remix of durando's "funky thang"

soul_lurkersoul_lurker 99 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
okay, i slept on this one. but seriously its sold out at the regular spots.where can i get this? and who gots? what's the story is it durando or not?kenny dope's label looks cool..... any one up on this?http://www.myspace.com/jocmax "i like"

Comments

• It's definitely not Darondo. Actually it sounds like it's probably a reedit of a new funk band. I could be wrong though (but not about the Darondo part).

• thanks i felt like i was talking to my self fera minute. i didn't think so either , but what up ?

• cosign that it aint dorando. to me sounds like a cut-up of the dynamic corvettes , funky music is the thing, (with rusty scissors) not sure of the other horns tho.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

a cut-up of the dynamic corvettes , funky music is the thing

and I want it. I have a couple other 45's from that label and that one is the dopest yet.

• a cut-up of the dynamic corvettes , funky music is the thing

and I want it. I have a couple other 45's from that label and that one is the dopest yet.

the dynamic corvettes? the abet label or this new ting here?

i need some vanessa labels in my life.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    haha nah I have the Dynamic Corvettes 7", I meant Sure Shot, Kenny Dope's new label.
    Every release has been a classic flipped by someone like Prince Paul, Spinna, J Rocc etc. Most of em are kinda but that Joc Max one is pretty dope.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Btw, neither of those joints was Dorando. King Moist knows what the other one is. Willie Evans also flipped it for Asamov a while back.

• Btw, neither of those joints was Dorando. King Moist knows what the other one is. Willie Evans also flipped it for Asamov a while back.

• Joc Max is one of the dopest dudes on Earth.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    if i was french and into hip-hop, i would go by the name of "yung jacques"

• 3 of my favourite people in the world are tawn' about dorando and joc max from the jigmastas.

i'm in a happy place right now.

• son, testify !
    you mean i'm not the only one to left out of the record pool. no one has it stateside?
    any thing joc does just comes off dope. i need this.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    where can i get this?

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/

still in stock

• DC,
    quit holding out on me punk,
    i still know where you live!

• blimey,
    i live in NYC. why can't i just pick it up today.

• a cut-up of the dynamic corvettes , funky music is the thing

i could see how this could be a good "dj tool" and all but with dudes using microwave couldn't you just make this yourself in cooledit pro in like 2 minutes?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    where can i get this?

I didn't see it on there. I did find this though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I didn't see it on there. I did find this though.

Nice tracks day...

I love that ''myself..myself..'' interview edit. nice vision

keep up the good work/life

PS:check for that soul goodness

• jazzy funk flavour.
    Mizell / Byrd style ARP / Clav / Korg filled jazz-funk / boogie gem

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Most of em are kinda but that Joc Max one is pretty dope.