More Cosmo (Philadelphia Weekly Related)

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
More press related. Rolling through this week's Philly Weekly and found this:http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=13831

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Joel that's what's up, dude you're like working my publicity full time haha.

You all should actually check out this article in The Village Voice about James Brown. I'm honored to be featured next to some real heavy hitters.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Yo I saw that in VV and your quote brought a tear to my eye, for real.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Why do I feel like that same article has been in the Philadelphia Weekly before? Is it because they used that picture before in that movie issue with a quote from Cosmo, or is it just the second time they've done a "What's Up With..." with Cosmo in the last 6 months or so?

Either way, congrats.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Yo I saw that in VV and your quote brought a tear to my eye, for real.

I like the way you put Him up, Cosmo.

The rest of those quotes from the VV article were pretty lame. Especially shit like, "His music will always be in my crates of vinyl." Gross.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Nice quote Cosmo, I like this story too--

Tom Silverman, founder, Tommy Boy Records: Atlanta-based promo man Bob Patton tells the story of Mr. Brown's private jet losing power in both engines on the way to a gig and plummeting thousands of feet. Patton sat across from Mr. Brown, each looking into the other's eyes as the jet plunged possibly to their deaths. After 10,000 feet of free fall, the engines kicked in again. Mr. Brown said to Patton, "I guess it wasn't my time." As if there was no one else on the plane.