KRS tribute to Nas?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
This song has me confused. Was Nas feeling down? Was he sad? Why did Marley Marl and KRS feel they needed to give him a little encouragement? Is it a sarcastic diss? I don't understand why this song exists.http://www.spinemagazine.com/music/january/krsone/nastribute.mp3

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I think KRS is trying to say that if hip hop is dead then him (BX), Marley (Queens), Nas (Queens) can revive it.....so once fierce enemies BDP(KRS) and Juice Crew (Queens Bridge) are gonna rise and ressurect hip hop...or he could be trying to make himself relevant once more by some fake ass tribute to Nas...I dunno

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    He could just be a Nas fan.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    yeah, that is wierd. didn't KSR say that he (KRS) IS hip hop? maybe he took offense that nas said he was dead and.... hell i don't know. thats a trip. can't even call that one b.

• no no no.. the story with this is Krs was supposed to perform for Nas' big birthday/album party a few months ago. Krs couldn't make it at the last minute so he sent this song for the party.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Slightly off topic, the Nas album is recieving rave reviews in the major press in Australia.

I'm not mad at it, but I believe the reviewers may be a tad .

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    The album as a whole was a bit of a let down. But there are still dope tracks on there like cary on tradition and where are they now. Nas at his worst is still better than a lot of other cats out there.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i could go without having ever to listen to nas or krs again. I cant stand this "im here to save hip hop" shit, both rappers got washed up some time ago

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Worst beat ever

• nas has a buttery flow

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I lost interest 20 seconds into the song...