STAX NEEDS YOUR HELP! (Rare Footage Related)

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
A new Stax documentary is being made right now.We're looking for footage from this TV special called Getting (or Gettin') It All Together that aired on five different stations in 1969. according to all the Stax archivists and historians, no known copies of the show exist, but I figured if anyone could find it, maybe Soulstrut could... the show had animated intros, and it features Booker T & the MGs, Carla Thomas, Sam & Dave, and more... It's first air date was April 24th 1969. Neal Marshall produced and Art Fisher directed the show for Metromedia stations across the US. It was shot before a live audience at WNEW in NY. I aired in Washington, Kansas City, LA, and San Francisco... unfortunately, this is all the info I have...Does anyone have any more info or possibly have a copy? Do you know someone who has a copy? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Andrew

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Questlove went to Japan to get every 70s episode of Soul Train on tape, why not seek the help of our Nihonjin?

• I'm sure contacts in Japan have been asked. No luck yet. Any info would help.

• um....youtube?

• Have you tried the museum of television and radio? I found some old radio shows of my grandmother there. They have pretty serious, uh, stacks...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    did this ever happen?