Recordkingz online shop...

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited June 2005 in Record Collecting
http://www.recordkingz.comAnyone order from here? Are these guys insane, or are these prices even remotely realistic? It's a cool site with the pictures, and sound clips and all... but damn. Prices seem a bit outlandish?Lots of these records you can find easy... but do they actually sell for what the are selling them for?Peace...FNM

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    http://www.recordkingz.com

Anyone order from here? Are these guys insane, or are these prices even remotely realistic? It's a cool site with the pictures, and sound clips and all... but damn. Prices seem a bit outlandish?

Lots of these records you can find easy... but do they actually sell for what the are selling them for?

Peace...
    FNM
    No, you're right. I've stumbled across that website before and their prices are fukkinn ridiculous.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'll sell you a copy of Bjorn J:son Lindhs "Boogie Woogie" for ??35 too, I promise. I might even stoop to ??30. I've seen these types of people at record conventions, and I can't help but wonder: Is anyone falling for it? And the intro with the "in the 60s and 70s, records were common, now they're antiques..." stuff. Digga please.

• So 30 pounds is like 60 dollars... Is that about right? If so, its nuts cause they have lots of 5 to 10 dollar records going for like 25 to 50 pounds. And I think almost every listing says "this is a real rare record!"... hehe...

But I guess I can't diss if their hustle is working. Lots of these 5 dollar records are definitely "worth" more than that in my opinion... So I guess it's whatever people are willing to pay... And they do have lots of international shit.

Kind of a worthless post... but I was hoping to hit 9.99 jawn before bed (an even more worthless goal)...

Peace...

FNM

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Mimizu, if you go back to that website, you can convert pounds to dollars. Then that's when you really start to see some insane shyte!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Jesus, I had to click 5 or 6 links just to get to the record listings. Someone tell them to invest some of that cheese in a site overhaul.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Lots of these records you can find easy... but do they actually sell for what the are selling them for?

Jesus, I had to click 5 or 6 links just to get to the record listings. Someone tell them to invest some of that cheese in a site overhaul.

• Options
    He gets some dope records once in while, but like a physical record store, you have to weed through the other stuff to find it. Def gets the award for the cheesiest site I've ever seen.

K.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I used that site once and I wont do it again. I'm not hatin on him but his grading standards are just too low for me.

I did a trade with him and the record I should get was suppose to be ex++/ex+ (actually I don't remember how many + he used but it was ex with some + and that was both for sleeve and disc). It had tear on front cover. Bottom seams was split from corner to corner, and pretty hefty wear around seams. I wouldn't give it higher than vg-. The vinyl wasn't too good either more like vg after my standards.

He has a few titles, that will be hard to find cheaper elsewhere but still the majority of his stuff, can easily be found cheaper with other dealers.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    most of the vinyl on that site seems to be on the high end, but I've gotten a really good deal there before. It did take what seemed like forever to arrive though.

• yeah I've check this site before, fucking extortinate (SP) prices even for the UK [email]tw@tz.[/email] I'm still buying all my shit from the US exchange rate is still good... but not the best. Old georgie needs to invade Iran quick and get that dollar up again

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I wonder how many more posts until the owner jumps on and starts
    scolding little dudes

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I was gonna say, looks like he justifies all those extra charges by paying big $$$ to some Flash 8 designer...I wish dudes would realize people shopping for shit online like the sites simple, not full of animations and sounds and useless crap.

Ideal Website Design (although he overcharges, too...)

• sleepsleep 54 Posts
    It's Julian/Record-Girl's site.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It's Julian/Record-Girl's site.

Julian being Julian from hip hop producers The Creators (for those who didn't read the About Us). he might well turn up on this thread - he saw a similar one on Vinylvulture and got angry...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dude might be cool,
    but prices on the site are insane - i don't know anyone who would call them reasonable!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    the description of each record is the best part of the site

SUPER SYNTH FUNK ILL HIP HOP LOOPS WITH SOME SICK STABS CHOPS AND SAMPLES FOR THE PRODUCERS.AND SOME OF THE MOST SINISTER LIBRARY MUSIC YOU WILL HEAR.BEATHEADS ARE GONNA BACKFLIP OVER THIS RECORD AND PRODUCERS COULD WELL GET TOO EXCITED.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    From an American's prespective, with the dollar so weak, I think British soul/funk/breaks, etc. on-line stores, in general, are out of their goards when it comes to pricing. Not just the recordkingz, but DJ Friendly, Resolution Records, etc. They got heat but with the exchange rate these days, it's just a bad econmical decision to go through these dealers.

There is always that niche market , though. Producers and DJs with money to BLOW! That's who Julian caters to. The digger types however, will have a nice laugh.

• I agree the prices are usually pretty high, but I grabbed a lot of references from this website, and I'm sure I'm not the only one right?

I use to run a website (www.frenchattack.com) and I know what's the feeling when people spy some references they didn't know, go to ebay, grab them for 9.99$, and then go back after me and tell me prices are too high!

If people think prices are too high and find the website is dull, then don't go AT ALL on his website.

• Options
    ILL MAD ANGRY REACTION STYLE

K.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like record kingz cuz they post many MP3s of Breaks that I DL -Most of which I will never be able to afford/find in the US,so I feel like I am getting over on some
    rare ass 200.00uk KPM break or whatever

shhh...those go straight to the sampler sometimes.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I like record kingz cuz they post many MP3s of Breaks that I DL -Most of which I will never be able to afford/find in the US,so I feel like I am getting over on some
    rare ass 200.00uk KPM break or whatever

shhh...those go straight to the sampler sometimes.

RESPECT :
    i have a cutting edge pro stats system which allows me to ban you from your ip address if i see you downloading our sound clips or jpgs from now on.much hard work has gone into this website so please respect that fact.

• sleepsleep 54 Posts
    he might well turn up on this thread - he saw a similar one on Vinylvulture and got angry...

hahaha i missed that.. got a link?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    RESPECT :
    i have a cutting edge pro stats system which allows me to ban you from your ip address if i see you downloading our sound clips or jpgs from now on.much hard work has gone into this website so please respect that fact.

hahah awesome. so then what's the point of putting the clips up in the first place? saving the file onto your computer and playing it from the site are both ways of downloading.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    yes prices are insane and they dont give shit for credit. They have some bollywood ish I want and I was hoping I could trade my Klute OST for them(150 pounds worth of records)...but no, they were only gonna give me a 90 pounds credit for it, which is insane because you know they would have put 300 on the Klute when they posted it for sale.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I would advise them to start selling records out of their mom's house. Just think of the savings - which they could pass on to you...

My mom will have an extra room soon. Holla...

Oh yeah, comes with a fully zooted "pleasure dome" too!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    not for nothing ... pretty cool interview with the man over at Baghat

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    he might well turn up on this thread - he saw a similar one on Vinylvulture and got angry...

hahaha i missed that.. got a link?

couldn't find anything that looked like the thread on a search for 'Recordkingz' or 'Julian' but don't have time to go through all the results. it might have been deleted.

personally i don't care what prices people try and sell things at, but criticising the bad Recordkingz website and annoying ILLFUNKBREAKS descriptions is fair game i think

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What Bolly ish you need Hook Up?

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I agree the prices are usually pretty high, but I grabbed a lot of references from this website, and I'm sure I'm not the only one right?

I use to run a website (www.frenchattack.com) and I know what's the feeling when people spy some references they didn't know, go to ebay, grab them for 9.99$, and then go back after me and tell me prices are too high!

If people think prices are too high and find the website is dull, then don't go AT ALL on his website.

I'll be honest. I've used his site to check out stuff I didn't know about a few times now, and then later copped it elsewhere (sometimes much) cheaper. I think a lot of other guys do that....., don't you? So I can't complain too much.