help ! ...looking for a good BaR near Irving Plaza

thestrangemuseumthestrangemuseum 25 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
NYC help please...Any good bars near Irving Plaza? / Any good bars that play decent music...?Do any soulstrutters have any dj nights around there....?trying to find a good place to chill during the weller shows in late janmany thanks...and where is good records! everyone push & pull......................................

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i doubt many strutters hit the union square bar scene on the regular. only 2 bars i have been two on the E side of 14th are Beauty Bar and some Tiki Bar off 2nd ave (cant recall name).

in my opinion both are kinda

but i figure beauty bar may have pretty hipster girls there from time to time.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    i doubt many strutters hit the union square bar scene on the regular. only 2 bars i have been two on the E side of 14th are Beauty Bar and some Tiki Bar off 2nd ave (cant recall name).

in my opinion both are kinda

but i figure beauty bar may have pretty hipster girls there from time to time.

Change Hipster Girls to Abercrombie & Batches and you've got 14th St. in a nutsac.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    DJ Center does his ACCEPTED ECLECTIC thing at Belmont Lounge every Thursday. It's right around the corner from Irving Plaza.

Description:

117 East 15th Street between Irving & Park Ave, NY, New York
    Cost : Free 99

This dimly lit Union Sq. venue is my home away every week. Soulful Hip Hop, Classics and sounds from around the world every Thursday night.

Good Records is about a 15 minute walk south east from there in the East Village / Alphabet City.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    NYC help please...

Any good bars near Irving Plaza? / Any good bars that play decent music...?

Do any soulstrutters have any dj nights around there....?

trying to find a good place to chill during the weller shows in late jan

many thanks

...and where is good records!

everyone push & pull......................................

mona's, on 13th and B( a 5 minute walk... ), is a good irish bar...

there's also a kinda corny, but not terrible irish bar a stones throw from irving plaza, can't remember the name... Shades of Green, maybe?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    call me crazy, but like dukes in gramercy. just on some "bar" shit. good gumbo and smokin bartenders.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    If you're looking for a bar that serves good beer head down to first ave. at St Marks and check out either Hop Devil or Belgian Beer room. They both have incredible beer selections. If you're looking for a bar that is a cool place to hang out, then I don't really know. Scratch that. Hit 6th ave. and West 4th. either the second or third storefront (actually it's more of a passageway), on the South side of 4th, East of 6th is the Belgian Beer Garden, great beer and good atmosphere.

• main man DJ Emskee also does Belmont Lounge on Wednesday Nites & does the Coffee Bar aka Union Square Lounge on 16th and 5th Ave...tink he's there on a FRI at the end of the month...