Ebay seller (Suspect)

OldschoolspinnaOldschoolspinna 311 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I put in a bid on a pair of records, nothing big 20 bucks or so.I had an idea they might be on colored vinyl and the seller just didnt know what they had.The reason I thought this is the seller used this as the title discription "Misfits special vinyl records"So I ask a question "What makes them "Special" as stated in your discription?"So shortly before this item ends I get this as a responce.Sellers answer "whats your point do you want them or not.2 together is the answer."Well i took that as straight disrespect and sent this..."no need to get all bent.....you put the word special into your discripiton...I was wondering whats special about them...theres misfits colored vinyl that are very rare and expensive..those are special misfits records. you might want to concider what the word special means before you add it to a discription. Definitions of special particular(a): unique or specific to a thing or category; In this case the thing is a record and the category is colored vinyl. Cheers"And to make a long story short i sent an email to this person and told them to stick the lps up their arse and Im not paying you because you put a misleading ad on ebay, and on top of it all No pay pal, money order only and bullshit shipping, low seller rating and some negitive feed back....is this all adding up to be ?Your thoughts are welcome.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You should just pay for them if you won
    them without finding out if they were on
    colored vinyl or whatever before it ended.
    That's on you.
    Besides, maybe they'll turn out to be exactly
    what you are hoping for. I've both scored and
    been burned by taking chances on sketchy listings/
    gradings on eBay - that's all part of the game.

Of course, since you already sent him a letter telling
    him to shove the records up his ass, it's probably too late.

• using the word "special" does neither explicitly nor implicitly state that the dude is selling colored vinyl. He is not being misleading at all, you are the one that was mistaken not him.

You asked a question and bid without receiving an answer. That is your fault. You are now responsible for that bid and should pay the man.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    That's harsh. I think it was a fair question to ask and the seller's reply was pretty arsey... should have sorted that issue out before bidding though.

• That's harsh. I think it was a fair question to ask and the seller's reply was pretty arsey... should have sorted that issue out before bidding though.

I don't think the question was unfair at all, and you're right - the seller's reply was lame. But that doesn't change the fact that all questions should be answereed *before* bidding. Not to mention, telling a seller that he should stick records up his ass because the bidder took "special" to mean "colored vinyl" is kind of Not A Good Look, as the kids say.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You're right, of course. Only time I ever told a seller to stick it resulted in bad feedback and me losing my money.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    all questions should be answereed *before* bidding. Not to mention, telling a seller that he should stick records up his ass because the bidder hoped[/b] "special" meant "colored vinyl" is kind of Not A Good Look, as the kids say.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

So I ask a question "What makes them "Special" as stated in your discription?"

Translation, "Hey man I'm hoping that I'm getting over on you, are you a dumbass
    with rare records and doesn't know it?"

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I thought he might have meant 'special' as-in they were made out of pot.