good blogger templates?

YoYoYoYo 21 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
YoCan anyone recommend me any good places for good blogger templates? Good ones, not crappy ones..or should I choose wordpress?peace!

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yo YoYo,

I was just wondering the same thing. Any of the free ones I've come across ain't that exciting. I'll hit ya up when I get home and send ya links to some free basic ones.

Nice avatar btw. I should have maybe made that a bit smaller. Anyways... I'll PM u later.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo

Can anyone recommend me any good places for good blogger templates? Good ones, not crappy ones..

or should I choose wordpress?

peace!

Personally, it's kind of a crap shoot out there but what I've done is to try to adapt different templates to personalize them without having to invent a whole new CSS on the fly.

Blogger's Minima template, oft-used as it is, is actually quite good to start with. However, I usually swap out the boxed title and replace it with a graphic title (self-designed): I like the layout but it's too plain, especially once you've seen it pop up 1,000 times over. Likewise, for Soul Sides, I started with Dots b/c I liked the layout but I didn't like the dots themselves so I stripped them off (I also moved the sidebar from left to right). The result was a clean, basic template that I could dress up with graphics on top and in the sidebar.

Also: DON'T USE BLACK BACKGROUND. I've been guilty of this in the past and while it may look cool, shit is just played out like Kwame and those fucking polka dots. Leave it alone. Go with white or tan but that's it. You want your page to be readable, not look like some myspace/xanga orgy of bad ideas.

You can also check out this site for some decent ideas (compared to what else is out there): http://blogtemplates.noipo.org/

If you want a template with a huge, ugly graphic wallpaper in the back, well, there's a lot of those out there but god help you (and us) if you want to go in that direction.

• Yo

Can anyone recommend me any good places for good blogger templates? Good ones, not crappy ones..

or should I choose wordpress?

peace!

I would choose wordpress.

all you need:

http://themes.wordpress.net/

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Do you guys think it would be a good idea to do freelance blog templates?

- spidey