How long should I stay in NY?

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
So, I'm going to New York in May for my cousin's graduation from an overpriced fashion school. My family is planning on staying for a week and beyond like random dinners and stuff, I should be free to do whatever for the most part. I already have hotel paid for a week and I can stay at a friend's place for however long. This is my first time in NY so I have a lot to see. I'm sure there's a "What should I do in New York?" thread already so I'll look that up in a bit but I'm wondering if there's anything going down in May specifically. My cousin is graduating on the 18th so I can basically plan around that. One last thing, I haven't been on an airplane in almost 7 years. I can save about $200 on my flight if I do some 4-5 stop jumpoff but I'm wondering how bad it would be for me. I don't mind all the waiting cos I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should worry about. Thank you.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Dogs.... It's January!!! My May aint quite squared away yet, but gimme a pm when you're in town.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

One last thing, I haven't been on an airplane in almost 7 years. I can save about $200 on my flight if I do some 4-5 stop jumpoff but I'm wondering how bad it would be for me. I don't mind all the waiting cos I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should worry about. Thank you.

Definately not worth the trouble for a couple hundo's. One or two of those flights will be delayed, fuck up your whole schedule, you will most likely end up in the airport overnight, and who knows where your luggage will end up.

• damn dude! where you flying from? long beach to new york round trip only cost $198 anyway? peace, stein. . .

• One last thing, I haven't been on an airplane in almost 7 years. I can save about $200 on my flight if I do some 4-5 stop jumpoff but I'm wondering how bad it would be for me. I don't mind all the waiting cos I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should worry about. Thank you.

Definately not worth the trouble for a couple hundo's. One or two of those flights will be delayed, fuck up your whole schedule, you will most likely end up in the airport overnight, and who knows where your luggage will end up.

don't risk it. it's worth the extra loot to get there in one day.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Well,it depends on how many collared shirts you want to buy.

• Do NOT wear your throwback 8 Ball jacket in the subway.

• Well,it depends on how many collared shirts you want to buy.

word. and make sure you bring your internet-ready phone so you can log-on to soul-strut while you're here and have someone hold your hand through every inane decision you need to make.

"Re: Loop and Follow, or Bunny Ears? (New Sneaker Related)"

:5pager:

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    stay however long you can afford to do so. I gurantee you will still leave with tons of things you wish you did.

• I'm in the rotten apple as I tyype and I would stay as long as you can. NEW YORK STAND UP!

• (standing)

Brian, you should consider what a long stay in NYC might do to your reputation. Do you want to be seen as someone who's NOT ABOUT SHIT? You might want to visit New Orleans or Austin instead.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I should of hollared at my NY brethren/sistern last month.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This is my first time in NY so I have a lot to see.