want: E. Rodney Jones - soul heaven 45

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited January 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
i missed out on the recent ebay auction for this lil diddyi dont need it but id like itwould rather pay cash but i can put a list together to trade if i know what kind of stuff you wanthelp me help you help me

Comments

• is this the JA blank one?

i have that one with dude rapping over is it because i'm black. let me know if this is the one your after and i'll look in my shop.

• No, he's asking about the Twinight 45 that has a deejay cut-in on one side and the "Is It Because I'm Black" instrumental on the flip.

• rob-

i think that is the one i have..

just the JA OG press.

is the spoken word side kind of short? or does he rap all the way through on the US version?

can anyone confirm?

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Coolhands-

The E Rodney 45 is not JA. It's a Chicago record on the Twinight label. The A side is a DJ cut-in record which pays tribute to Sam Cooke and other fallen soul superstars (IE "Soul Heaven"). The flip is an instrumental of Syl's "Is It Becuase I'm Black." No rapping. Cool cut, and one of the most sampled ever.

• they pressed(or bootlegged) a lot of american records in JA, so i think that is what happened in this case.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    I have the Twinight OG for sale, would want more than the Ebay auction though, that finished pretty low?

PM me if interested

Cheers

Pete

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    someone here offered me the 45 at a good price. thank yall for helpin me out with this.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The JA blank is a 70s bootleg of the Twinight 45, worth it as its the only way to own this for less than a fortune