I'm a raci$t?

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
i just remembered last night i was thowed and had the nerve to talk to the old man playing russian songs on his accordian on the subway platform. i told him if he played the song to tetris (among other nintendo songs, as well as hip-hop songs) he'd probably make a lot more money. he was open to the idea.we exchanged info in broken english though he said the phone number isn't his, and he doesn't have e-mail. i told him i'd make him a CD of music to learn some licks so he wouldn't be now i'm just thinking that i got all american and trying to change people.i saw this kid playing the ruff ryderz theme on his violin and people were going nuts. it worked for him!

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Tetris accordion would = N-X-E-T I'd drop some change in the hat.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I vaguely remember two kids doing this on the Apollo.

• I don't see how this is racist, though I will probably be proved wrong. I'd say if it helps the guy make more money its a good look.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i saw this kid playing the ruff ryderz theme on his violin and people were going nuts. it worked for him!

Yeah, that kid has got a rekkid deal or some industry gig.

But, seriously, Tetris? Who would pay for that? Nintendo themes? XBOX.

I know what u mean though - a more contemporary gimmick and noy old world songs. I personally like to hear old Asian cats playin' old school instraments on the platform. If i see another jumpin jack youngin killin my subway ride w/ a 25th generation mixtape blarin some dipset trash im gonna go Mike Douglas.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

the song to tetris

It's called Korobeyniki if that helps.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i just remembered last night i was thowed and had the nerve to talk to the old man playing russian songs on his accordian on the subway platform. i told him if he played the song to tetris (among other nintendo songs, as well as hip-hop songs) he'd probably make a lot more money. he was open to the idea.

I think I know this dude.

I helped him onto the bus across 125th Street awhile back (he had come up the 2/3 playing the accordian, and wanted to play it going down the 4/5) when I saw him standing at what he believed to be the bus stop groping for the door of what must have felt like a bus, but which was actually a fire truck. Really nice old guy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    He could play that song they play in "The Blue Oyster" in the Police Academy films. I saw that on a Russian cartoon movie once and nearly lost my shit, hilarious!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He could play that song they play in "The Blue Oyster" in the Police Academy films. I saw that on a Russian cartoon movie once and nearly lost my shit, hilarious!

What the official name of that song and is it on the og soundtrack?

• i'm sure that dude is on some accordion message board right now complaining about herbs who come up to him and request dumb ass shit

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    faux: not sure if it's the same guy. i'm assuming your dude is blind if he's trying to get a ride from a fire truck instead of a bus. this dude was at union square at midnight. just looked like a regular old dude with a hat, mustache, and a red accordian. i don't remember his name.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!! awesome dude!

that's an inside joke i have with myself whenever someone takes me to some new place. i say to myself because i doubt anyone would get it, and it's a waste of breath trying to explain.

i'm sure that dude is on some accordion message board right now complaining about herbs who come up to him and request dumb ass shit

fuck, you're probably right. i've become what i hate.

i'm a NALGA.

i think i'm still drunk.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    i'm sure that dude is on some accordion message board right now complaining about herbs who come up to him and request dumb ass shit

fuck, you're probably right. i've become what i hate.

i'm a NALGA.

i think i'm still drunk.

Was it on the NQRW platform? That dude has the chops.

On the academic tip we would refer to you not as racist, but problematic. The intent to belittle is not there, but the behavior isn't A+ either. It's nothing to trip about, everyone does it, just catch yourself next time.

• On the DJ[/b] tip we would refer to you not as racist, but something like a Becky, telling the DJ that they could get more people dancing if they played anything other than that real schitt.[/b]

• i'm a NALGA.

LOL

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I vaguely remember two kids doing this on the Apollo.
    That quote got my sides hurting.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

that's an inside joke i have with myself whenever someone takes me to some new place. i say to myself because i doubt anyone would get it, and it's a waste of breath trying to explain.

Holy shit.

My friend, you are not alone.

Herm