Who's coming to SXSW? (roll call related)

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I want to know for two reasons. One, I'd just like to meet some folks in the real world. Two, I'm booking djs at bars around town and in-stores at my shop.www.friendsofsound.comso let me know if you are planning to make it to austin.

Comments

• wtf?

so people here don't collect records or dj anymore????????

here's an even more interesting question for you all...

who would be willing to come play for a plane ticket?

is there no talent on SS?

• Dave!!! My crew is comin'. We're gonna be slangin' posters at Flatstock all day and hosting showcases at Silhouette (sushi restaurant) at night. Hit me up about some DJ gig stuff! Wes and I will definitely be stopping by the shop either way!

• I am rolling out. Looks like i will be coordinating a pretty big party on fri night.

i would also like some additional gigs to throwdown at. i'm always ready to rock the spot with microwave in hand...

I want to witness some a*res and C*smo throwdowns this year. i hope you guys are ready.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I want to witness some a*res and C*smo throwdowns this year. i hope you guys are ready.

i'm a lover not a fighter! the rub 3 will be there along with smalltown djs, tittsworth, diplo, catchdubs, etc etc.

• word up.

i knew some folks were going to be coming thru.

i'm going to contact you all on the pm/email.

anyone else?

• i will be there again this year

• I would like to go! what are the dates. I can also spin on any night or day if you need me. I'm not the cleverest deejay but I can rock the house, I spin soul and funk and some low-fi shit is always in order, of course. I was a dj in the early eighties in lubbock, tx but now I live in grapevine. let me know if you want a true vinyl spinner, I spin for free or maybe a 10% discount on vinyl, Because I buys tons of vinyl. anyway I'm only two hours away..

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Stef and me are rolling through for sure. you don't want me to dj though, it's like a violent trainwreck of fuck

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    yo man, im a dj in town

i think ive seen yr shop in the want ads...

cyall on teh 20th for the AUSTIN SOUL CLUB

FRIENDS OF SOUND = best shop on TEXAS

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    what are the dates on SXSW this year? maybe if i can swing it i'll come down for the weekend.
    especially since there's no spring austin show.

The Friends of Sound slush fund, dropping dollars for DJ's. surrrious.

• I want to witness some a*res and C*smo throwdowns this year. i hope you guys are ready.

i'm a lover not a fighter! the rub 3 will be there along with smalltown djs, tittsworth, diplo, catchdubs, etc etc.

yup!

• trying to get something worked out with das beatards... we'll see if we can make it happen.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Of course I'll be back in Austin again for this shit. I still don't know any specifics on the when and where.

All I know is no fights this year post spankrock.

• i would be interested in coming for a plane ticket... what kind of spots are you booking for? thing is, i dont use Microwave. so i might have to pay to ship recs.

• x