Denver, CO thangs

thugbotthugbot 3 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
might be moving thereany suggestions for cool things?record stores, bars, good eats, etc?

Comments

• Holler at me whenever. You know where you're moving to? It's an alright town. Digging is kinda hit or miss, though there are a few decent shops that are somewhat consistent. Lots of downtown nightlife going on. A lot of it revolves around sports, but there are also a lot of upscale lounge types of places opening up all over. I moved out here in 99 with no expectations and I haven't left yet. It's not a bad place. PM if you want some more info.

• thanks for the info.. ill probably be moving there in a few months.

any good dj nights to check out?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hang w/GB, he's good peoples.

• What kind of DJ nights you talking about? I don't do "local hip hop" here anymore because i personally find it lame, but I know that there's that kinda shit jumpin' off. not much of a soul/funk type of scene that I know, but there's always some shit happening. For instance, I saw Melvin Sparks perform for about 30 people at a mellow ass jazz club here called Dazzle for $10. You can catch shit like that here and there. The publications around town advertise all the good shits and there's always flyers in all the stores. www.Westword.com is the local free publication that all the shows are always advertised in. Check that out.

Oh, and Whattup J*n (sorry if I missed an asterisk)!