new SMIF N WESSUN 12" ... listen

El_MezcalitoEl_Mezcalito 312 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
whats up folks.I recently pressed up a 12", brand new Smif N Wessun, produced by Ayatollah. Its called "Like A Champion." The B-side is produced by myself (Goldrocc) and features Phil the Agony, Tash, and M*E. I'd like to hear Strut opinion on the record, cuz I LOVE this fuckin song, but industry feedback has been so-so. Like distributors think its not super-marketable... Underground not ready for hip hop that doesn't sound like 9th or Wu Tang??please give it a listen, @ www.myspace.com/soundchron and tell me what you thinkthanks

Comments

• haters! wtf?

• haters! wtf?

shit's fire. nice work.

• thanks.

be honest tho man ... I need to know if people can deal with these dudes coming a little different than usual. its a different sound, different tempo. fo real I wanna know what you guys think...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Very nice. Don't sleep folks!

• really feelin this...I checked out your page too and tash rips it on that other track! Refreshing sound and

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I dont know how marketable that is in the US. But I know that you should concentrate on the European and Japanese market. Thats where your buyers at !!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

Are you doing videos for that too ???

If yes contact me under www.myspace.com/wwwhawkeyedj beacuse I could help you get promo !!

• not that marketable -- thats what I've been hearing. why though? just cuz its different than their usual sound? different than the usual underground hip hop?

actually, we had a distributor lined up for Japan. Dude was real excited about it, but his co. wouldn't go through with it...