While shopping at Big Al's........................

2»

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Whoa, so just let me make sure I'm getting this right..

The Hard Rock Cafe in Sacremento has a backroom
    and an upstairs unit where Big Al keeps a bird cage
    that smells of cat piss (unless Jim or Larry are around).

The old dude who filmed 'Scratch' with Dj Shadow in Sacremento
    had a basement under K St Records where he used to let Shadow play as a kid.
    To this day there is a tremendous backstock of sealed books, magazines, bean dip
    and 78's down there, but the old dude died and his sons realized
    they were sitting on an earthquake hazard. The son of the old dude posted on
    the ztrip forum that the old dude told him once that he could smell
    2 copies of stark down there (hence the "This is my little nirvana" comment in Scratch)
    so every Saturday they let people down there, but they have to wear dust masks cause there are
    toxic rat fumes, cat piss and 'magic alien goo' present in crazy amounts.

• Whoa, so just let me make sure I'm getting this right..

The Hard Rock Cafe in Sacremento has a backroom
    and an upstairs unit where Big Al keeps a bird cage
    that smells of cat piss (unless Jim or Larry are around).

The old dude who filmed 'Scratch' with Dj Shadow in Sacremento
    had a basement under K St Records where he used to let Shadow play as a kid.
    To this day there is a tremendous backstock of sealed books, magazines, bean dip
    and 78's down there, but the old dude died and his sons realized
    they were sitting on an earthquake hazard. The son of the old dude posted on
    the ztrip forum that the old dude told him once that he could smell
    2 copies of stark down there (hence the "This is my little nirvana" comment in Scratch)
    so every Saturday they let people down there, but they have to wear dust masks cause there are
    toxic rat fumes, cat piss and 'magic alien goo' present in crazy amounts.

Word, but dont forget bigfoot

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    that's funny i was just thinking of going to K street on the fat chance I would have some free fucking time money.

free time = no money
    money= no free time

Troof. I'm just waitin' for my first paycheck from the new jobby-job, and then it's on.

great yall will drive 90min north to buy records at a store thats been ran 100xs over instead of 20 minutes west to my crib. sniffle..

the love has been lost...

The who with the what now? Is there another Jinx record sale I'm not knowing about?

yeah last saturday...

by the way, the wife kept the LB mixcd you gave me at milk. she wont give it back... its her daily commute music to work.

Oh, damn. Well, there was no way in hell I could've swung it last Saturday. Put it this way: The $4 toll to cross the bridge would've eaten up all my digging money. Yeesh. The next one, though....

Glad to hear the LB mix has found a happy home!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Word, but dont forget bigfoot

Gotcha:

• The mere fact that a bunch of dudes are sitting on the internet wondering aloud whether they should travel up to K Street to comb over what has been hit by professionals multiple times is probably a good enough argument to not waste your time

• The mere fact that a bunch of dudes are sitting on the internet wondering aloud whether they should travel up to K Street to comb over what has been hit by professionals multiple times is probably a good enough argument to not waste your time

by saying we "are on a beat mission" is almost the whole fun!

• If I have a turd in the chamber, what are Hard Rock Cafe's customer/restroom/homie policies?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If I have a turd in the chamber, what are Hard Rock Cafe's customer/restroom/homie policies?

I dunno, but the Starbucks across the street makes you buy something to get the key to the john.