anyone use GarageSale as your ebay lister for Mac?

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
if so...help a brotha out...As a new relatively Garage Sale user...I'm having some real problems...started with the system about 1 1/2 months ago, and everything has been great. Suddenly starting today half of my auctions go up with no problems, and the other half don't. they are all from the same template, so i don't know what the problem is. To fix this I tried downloading the new version of GarageSale, it downloads, but then when i got to apply it i get the following message that if i remember correctly it reads "you do not have permission to write the applications directory. are you running off a disc image?" help if you can, as my life kinds depends on it (well....not really but i'm sure you understand the frustration.and if none of you use this...then i may be toast

Comments

• Yo - I had massive problems with listing through garage sale... half my auctions weren't going up, and it would sometimes take up to an hour to load 30-40 items.

I got a new download when I booted it up yesterday and everything went fine after that. So the new download seems to be fixing the problem.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    A****

Just sent you an email.

I concur with Mr. Paycheck...seems the second to last update had some bugs but the new seems to work better.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Yo - I had massive problems with listing through garage sale... half my auctions weren't going up, and it would sometimes take up to an hour to load 30-40 items.

I got a new download when I booted it up yesterday and everything went fine after that. So the new download seems to be fixing the problem.

and i told you this thing was good Jonny....man i have mislead the people...

I keep trying to upload this thing, and the ish just won't let me do it. i do the new download, it comes in, I try to apply it and then I get this error message "you do not have permission to write the applications directory. are you running off a disc image?"

do you have any idea as to why this happens??

my brain is going along with this image ----> and in this instance it is not positive.

Arggghhhhh

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Download the latest installer from iwascoding.com. Once you have it see if there is an UN-INSTALLER and run it. If not, try restarting your computer and then run the new installer. That might work. You could also join the support forum but be prepared to receive a lot of emalis everyday.

• Yo - I had massive problems with listing through garage sale... half my auctions weren't going up, and it would sometimes take up to an hour to load 30-40 items.

and i told you this thing was good Jonny....man i have mislead the people...

I keep trying to upload this thing, and the ish just won't let me do it. i do the new download, it comes in, I try to apply it and then I get this error message "you do not have permission to write the applications directory. are you running off a disc image?"

do you have any idea as to why this happens??

my brain is going along with this image ----> and in this instance it is not positive.

Arggghhhhh

Well alls well that ends well and it seems to be operating correctly now.

It sounds like it's having problems installing the update, but my knowledge of computers is very limited.