difference in value from SS to M for Courtial lp

JroamJroam 257 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I found this COURTIAl lp in missouri for 2 bucks about a month ago. stupidly i opened it to listen and record it to my computer. Is there much difference between a sealed copy and an opened mint copy?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'd rather buy the opened copy.

At least I know its not warped or cracked

• I pay more for sealed copies. I don't trust many people's grading skils...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I found this COURTIAl lp in missouri for 2 bucks about a month ago. stupidly i opened it to listen and record it to my computer. Is there much difference between a sealed copy and an opened mint copy?

Why do people think it is stupid to open albums?

Aren't you supposed to open records so then you can listen to them?

maybe i'm wrong but i think that's how they work.

bottom line: NM fetches the same $ amount as sealed most of the time for items like that. Maybe if it was beatles or something it would be different.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I found this COURTIAl lp in missouri for 2 bucks about a month ago. stupidly i opened it to listen and record it to my computer.

WOW! HOW STUPIDY RETARDED.

YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT!

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    I'm barely a beginner in this realm. I'll accept any response, bear with me...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm barely a beginner in this realm. I'll accept any response, bear with me...

just kidding mate! welcome to the strut!!
    where's the introduction??

ohh yeah, i had a sealed jazzberry patch, and i opened it up and listened to it, i kept it sealed for a minute, im so glad i opened it tho, its such a nice record... the record had a nasty edge warp that makes noise, but i think that was from keepin' it in the shrink for longer!

peace.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Far more valuable opened because you got to listen to it. So if you like music and you buy records because you want to hear them always open them.

If it were a Beatles lp it could be worth 10x more sealed (assuming you knew to what the degree the frrr symbol is titlted). Plus you don't need to open Beatles records to listen to them because you can just buy an 80s press for $3 if you want to hear it.

Soul funk records SSvNM does not radically change the value. The sealed one might be a little easier to sell.