Carlos "Six July" Broady

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Hey Guys,I was listening to "Supreme Clientele" the other day, and I was totally feelin' Carlos "Six July" Broady's tracks. He also did some nice beats on "War Report" and some other LPs which escape me right now. Dude has some skills and I thought I'd give the cat some props. Feel free to add on.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• wow, haven't seen/heard that name in a minute. i've been a fan since his early work w/ la the darkman.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yep, Carlos is real nice with the beats and is cool people as well. He's one of those dudes who gets overlooked too much in discussions on who the nicest producers are.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im pretty sure he did a grip of beats on the last Royce the 5'9" album. STop sleepin.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    He had some hot shit on life after death right?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    it's fam...

he paired wih Choco long time ago, back around the CNN era, that T.O.N.Y. beat and all that...Then he also worked wih Nashiem and did some job on Life After Death. The last beats i heard from him was on Guerilla Black and royce i think.

dude is still diggin'...i was eagerly waiting for his funky drummer reissue, but i have no news til this day. For the record, i met him in 1997 in Paris when he was "already" trying to smuggle some beats, ?? la mexican!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    it's fam...

he paired wih Choco long time ago, back around the CNN era, that T.O.N.Y. beat and all that...Then he also worked wih Nashiem and did some job on Life After Death. The last beats i heard from him was on Guerilla Black and royce i think.
    dude is still diggin'...i was eagerly waiting for his funky drummer reissue, but i have no news til this day. For the record, i met him in 1997 in Paris when he was "already" trying to smuggle some beats, ?? la mexican!!!

Is the aforemention Carlos Broady an alias for Carlos Bess?

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    The stuff he did with Saafir and Hobo Junction wasn't too bad either.

yes it is...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    it's fam...

how do you have this?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    yes it is...
    thanks izm.

lol...read again the two first word of my post and you'll understand.

as far as this particular thing, i think it's from the crate list era (right after it stopped). People was arguing about the violins on "Triumph". Most noobies was on some "it can't be played" shit, so Carlos got tired and pulled out some goodies to prove people that violins was isolated and played by RZA actually.

Good Ol' Time...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    People was arguing about the violins on "Triumph"....played by RZA actually.
    wow

the god is multidimensional nahmean

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    it's fam...

GOT DAMN

last news i had...
    [...]i've been doing a bit of soul searching and in the process of building a new studio in NYC and Germany. I'm also restoring the NIA RECORDS Catalog which consist of released and unrelesed masters dating from 1977-1990. I finally got the tracklist ready for Funky Drummer 5 to be recorded once my studio is completed[...]

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'm also restoring the NIA RECORDS Catalog which consist of released and unrelesed masters dating from 1977-1990.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    IZM, Carlos Bess and Carlos Broady are 2 different people check for yourself.
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Carlos+"Six+July"+Broady

yea sorry for the confusion...i was talking about Bess. Since he produced "cherchez la ghost" on Supreme Clientele, i forgot to clarify who i was talking about and i also was confused for a bit. C12 is mostly known as a Wu engineer from BITD but he also peddle music...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yea sorry for the confusion...i was talking about Bess. Since he produced "cherchez la ghost" on Supreme Clientele, i forgot to clarify who i was talking about and alos was confused for a bit. C12 is mostly known as a Wu engineer from BITD but he also peddle music...

Yes, Carlos Broady did the tracks on "Supreme Clientele" not Carlos Bess, at least according to the liner notes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak