Main Source Think / Atom 12" question

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Was this ever repressed/booted? I just acquired one from a homey. Actual Records with MS-3412 in the run out groove.Any help from the matrix experts / real headz know the deal?

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    hey...

I've had MANY copies of that Original 12inch (as it was more heavily distributed here in Toronto than anywhere else). Easiest way to tell is that the grooves only take up about half of the side of wax on the Original. Repress has the grooves running almost the full side of the wax. Hope that helps, and hope you've got an Original.

Cheers,

Aaron

• it was heavily booted in the late 90s.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Word, it is probably the boot then. Each side has the instrumental, and while Atom has massive runout, Think does not.

Thanks!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    hey...

I've had MANY copies of that Original 12inch (as it was more heavily distributed here in Toronto than anywhere else). Easiest way to tell is that the grooves only take up about half of the side of wax on the Original. Repress has the grooves running almost the full side of the wax. Hope that helps, and hope you've got an Original.

Cheers,

Aaron

YEsssssssssss

I remember when Starting from Scratch and I pulled out around 20-25 out of vinyl museum around 94.

I think I gave our buddy Jakes a copy!

Have you seen him lately???

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Quickest way to tell is to see if the label has the letters 'E' 'A' 'S' 'T' on the vinyl underneath the middle circle.
    Hard to explain, so I'll stick a picture up:

Once you get into reading matrix numbers and stuff, you'll find an 'SRC' stamp on there, which the bootleg doesn't have.