new diggers appreciation

13»

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Just to further deviate from the original topic, speaking of beer...

I just got hip to this recently. We went out for our manses birthday and after one glass I was straight.

They didn't tell me what it was other than it was beer. When I took the first sip I thought they had Old English on tap, but OE don't got nothin' on this:

The beer Delirium Tremens is a tripple, with an alcohol percentage of 9%[/b] (your average beer has between %4-5) . It is brewed by Brewery Huyghe NV in Melle, Belgium. In 1997 Delirium Tremens was elected Best Beer in the World by Stuart A. Kallen.

it's good.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Just to further deviate from the original topic, speaking of beer...

I just got hip to this recently. We went out for our manses birthday and after one glass I was straight.

They didn't tell me what it was other than it was beer. When I took the first sip I thought they had Old English on tap, but OE don't got nothin' on this:

The beer Delirium Tremens is a tripple, with an alcohol percentage of 9%[/b] (your average beer has between %4-5) . It is brewed by Brewery Huyghe NV in Melle, Belgium. In 1997 Delirium Tremens was elected Best Beer in the World by Stuart A. Kallen.

it's good.

I LOVE this stuff. See also:

and, if you're really adventurous, this:

18.5% alc/vol. THIS. WILL. FUCK. YOU. UP.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hey,

I'm amazed at the elitism in this thread. It's a sign of low self-esteem when people have to put down others to feel good about themselves.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Hey,

I'm amazed at the elitism in this thread. It's a sign of low self-esteem when people have to put down others to feel good about themselves.

does putting faux down really make you feel better about yourself?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hmmmmmmm...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

the last of my worries are trade offers on a dozen records.

IGTB:

then why even bother? or if you really aren't worried about a dozen LP's then you could safely say they really aren't rare then.

If your real gripe is the fact that someone came at you/told you what to do then there issues much important and bigger than records.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

the last of my worries are trade offers on a dozen records.

IGTB:

then why even bother? or if you really aren't worried about a dozen LP's then you could safely say they really aren't rare then.

If your real gripe is the fact that someone came at you/told you what to do then there issues much important and bigger than records.

The issue here is RESPECT![color:gray]*

Main Entry: re??spect
    Pronunciation: ri-'spekt
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin respectus, literally, act of looking back, from respicere to look back, regard, from re- + specere to look -- more at SPY
    1 : the quality or state of never trespassing in the private mind gardens of those who mistakenly believe Donald Byrd's Street Lady to be a "rare" record.[/color]

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah everybody knows the proper description for those records is "Ill drama stab moody loop madlib breaks don't sleep"

you've just got to be more specific and get yer lingo straight.

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    im addicted now. i visit record stores almost everyday. i skip school to dig. its getting bad and this is just the beginning. i wish i knew more about records though so much good stuff has probably slipped through my hands.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    im addicted now. i visit record stores almost everyday. i skip school to dig. its getting bad and this is just the beginning. i wish i knew more about records though so much good stuff has probably slipped through my hands.

TAKE NOTE: YOU ARE APPRECIATED, ANDYHOOPS!

HOLLAR IF YOU ARE IN SOCAL LIKE WHUT

YOURS TRULY,

LOVELY LATENCY (AYO TO THA MAX)

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL ALERT [/b]

Seriously? You skip school just to buy records? Yo man, I used to do that a lot but now i'm 25 and still not done with college. You can always make time to dig while you get your education/future ready, plus college has mad girls.

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    yeah, i'm 20 and still finishing high school and still fucking up. i got music on the brain constantly, i can't help it. i'll smarten up soon. i swear.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Let the dude hustle... He is tryign to get your attention... would you look at the thread if he said "Not Dollar Bin, But Not Rare Jazz and Soul Records For Trade"??? Fuck no... and that "Rare?" Comment came across mad sarcastic. No one would pull that shit in real life. You would look make judgement and move on... dead this shit already.