new mix with seriously heavy african funk records

2»

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ha ha, first to run but thank fuck for that! I'm a dual French-British passport and when I got evacuated from Cote d'Ivoire it was by legionnaires. The British embassy was too mean to fly out UK subjects and they didn't even bother contacting people to check on them although they quietly sent home nearly all the embassy staff... go figure lol. Yeah, stay close to home and destroy all your records in case they fall into enemy hands.

Our neighbour is a french military advisor, I guess we'll be fine!

I always had visiting friends fly out the more valuable pieces and what's left will fit in my Aluminum flight cases that will be taped shut airtight and burried in the garden if push comes to shove...

Okay... my wife's picking me up right now, gotta run.

Talk to you later!

Sick, my family buried Torah plates in the back yard during the holocaust. Frank you are that collectro.

• Frank - this new mix is killer from start to finish! Thanks so much for doing this.

Also, interesting stories on the blog.

I hope the situation calms down again.

Be safe,

Dress

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts

I always had visiting friends fly out the more valuable pieces and what's left will fit in my Aluminum flight cases that will be taped shut airtight and burried in the garden if push comes to shove...

Jesus Christ, Frank. Keep safe out there.

And if you have to bury them, post the map here!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    okay... things have calmed down again around here. For those who are interested, I put up a short roundup about the crisis on http://www.voodoofunk.blogspot.com.

Here's the tracklist for the mix, sorry it took so long. For the past 20 days, I had to run over to the neighbours to use their internet and more often than not, there was no connection and if there was, I was busy gathering information and didn't get to visit any boards...

00:00 Wrinkar Experience -sound way (Nigeria)
    02:29 Docteur Nico -sookie (Congo)
    05:28 Les Elytes de Cotonou -do you ray mbanba (Benin)
    06:52 Poly Rythmo -wodeka doe (Benin)
    10:15 Picoby Band -honton ve zoun (Benin)
    13:40 the Black Santiagos -bani wo dzo (Benin)
    16:26 Anos Band -boro non andou nan (Benin)
    19:29 Poly Rythmo -"general gowon" (Benin)
    29:40 MFB -boredom pain (Nigeria)
    34:40 Gnonnas Pedro -dadje von o von non (Benin)
    38:30 Eskill & Vicky -ecoute ma melodie (Benin)
    46:24 Houn Pierre -mansou djouwi (Cote d'Ivoire)
    50:55 Asiko Rock group -shadow of the boogie (Nigeria)
    54:57 Poly Rythmo -cherie yoyo (Benin)
    59:32 Gnonnas Pedro -how much love naturaly cost? (Benin)
    65:48 Poly Rythmo -ma won ye o (Benin)

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    can someone re-up the mix please
    thanks

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    okay... things have calmed down again around here. For those who are interested, I put up a short roundup about the crisis on http://www.voodoofunk.blogspot.com.

Here's the tracklist for the mix, sorry it took so long. For the past 20 days, I had to run over to the neighbours to use their internet and more often than not, there was no connection and if there was, I was busy gathering information and didn't get to visit any boards...

00:00 Wrinkar Experience -sound way (Nigeria)
    02:29 Docteur Nico -sookie (Congo)
    05:28 Les Elytes de Cotonou -do you ray mbanba (Benin)
    06:52 Poly Rythmo -wodeka doe (Benin)
    10:15 Picoby Band -honton ve zoun (Benin)
    13:40 the Black Santiagos -bani wo dzo (Benin)
    16:26 Anos Band -boro non andou nan (Benin)
    19:29 Poly Rythmo -"general gowon" (Benin)
    29:40 MFB -boredom pain (Nigeria)
    34:40 Gnonnas Pedro -dadje von o von non (Benin)
    38:30 Eskill & Vicky -ecoute ma melodie (Benin)
    46:24 Houn Pierre -mansou djouwi (Cote d'Ivoire)
    50:55 Asiko Rock group -shadow of the boogie (Nigeria)
    54:57 Poly Rythmo -cherie yoyo (Benin)
    59:32 Gnonnas Pedro -how much love naturaly cost? (Benin)
    65:48 Poly Rythmo -ma won ye o (Benin)

Excellent - a track list at last! Sadly, that categorically confirms that I have none of those monsters in my crates. I'd been picking though my African stuff trying to match tracks to the mix. A complete waste of time, as it turns out, but fun!

I've been keeping an eye on the news wires with growing concern: good to hear that things are calming down although it looks like tough and uncertain times ahead. I'm glad that you guys are safe. I read on your blog that Guinea holds the current title of most corrupt country in Africa...wow. So much competition for that one they must have pulled out all the stops to win. I would have liked to hear that acceptance speech.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    can someone re-up the mix please
    thanks
    Afro Mix Vol.3

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Have things stabilized in Guinea, Frank???

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Have things stabilized in Guinea, Frank???

they have for now...
    the strike is "on hold", the government has given in on most demands
    which is what they did last time, only everybody soon forgot about it...
    Only difference this time is that a Prime Minister is about to be nominated,
    he then will or should be held accountable by the people for all government
    dealings. They are throwing names around and it's not clear who it's going
    to be. I guess what happens from now mostly depends on whoever will be
    this Prime Minister and how he's going to run things.

We'll see...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Frank, you're not currently accepting PMs. Could you make an exception in my case?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    thanks b, this is a lovely micks. wish i had half, if not all, of those tracks!

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Wrinkar Experience -sound way (Nigeria)

This first track should be one of the many few that should be reissued as a 45 on soundway records. This track is

• Such a great mix to start your day with. Even my 2 year old daughter started dancing. Thanks.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Frank, you're not currently accepting PMs. Could you make an exception in my case?

I wish I'd know how to change this,
    out of the blue, I stopped receiving PMs... first I thought I had too many old ones and deleted all but 4 or 5 but still, no PMs for me...

you can always get in touch with me via eMail
    soulpusher "at" soulexplosion.de

Today I heard that the Guinean president now claims he never agreed on the nomination of a prime minister. The key point in the agreement between the government and the unions. It looks like the strike could be reinstated and people are seriously pissed off now... in case things get crazy again, I'll only be able to sporadicly answer mails.

Peace!

Frank