the invaders, "spacing out"

2»

Comments

• "funk"

47 Times it's Own Weight, Hilton Felton, Quintessence

you did put the genre in quotes but 47x and Quinterdessence ain't funk LPs and in my mind ain't even close to being in the same league. 47x might as well be prog. Don't know Hilton Felton tho :littledudealert!:

All these are jazz-funk LPs with one or two funky tracks...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    "funk"

47 Times it's Own Weight, Hilton Felton, Quintessence

you did put the genre in quotes but 47x and Quinterdessence ain't funk LPs and in my mind ain't even close to being in the same league. 47x might as well be prog. Don't know Hilton Felton tho :littledudealert!:

All these are jazz-funk LPs with one or two funky tracks...

Agreed. They're usually passed off as funk albums on ebay, which is why I put funk in quotes.

• whats an OG Invaders going for these days?...the only dude I personally know with an OG paid like $600 a few years back....

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Share the love man

you sound rich.

• It comes back around too. I didn't have to pay for my 24 Karat Blacks, my Ugly Ducklings, my Strollers lp and plenty more OG's. And no, these weren't 'trades'. Whenever ____ comes to Toronto I pretty much let him take at least 1 lp (anything) from my Soul Section, and I don't expect anything in return.

Share the love man....lol
    Realest shit you ever wrote. I'm ready to go 18 dummy in Eutrecht this year hommie.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Invaders is aight. I'd certainly be excited to find one for a dollar. Meaning, I could cash it in on ebay and replace it with between 20 and 40 harder hitting funk 45s.

Invaders is aight. I'd certainly be excited to find one for a dollar. Meaning, I could cash it in on ebay and replace it with between 20 and 40 harder hitting funk 45s.

If you think you can buy 20 45's that hit harder than "Spacing Out" and "Look-Ka Py Py" or "It's Your Thing pt. 2" for under $500 you're buggin'.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

If you think you can buy 20 45's that hit harder than "Spacing Out" and "Look-Ka Py Py" or "It's Your Thing pt. 2" for under $500 you're buggin'.

ha, maybe. But in fairness I was assigning it a working value of $800. Probably a little high

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

ok i told this story a 1000 times, so heres the short version...

wheretf you live, mange? 2 copies in 2 yrs? you holdin it down in bermuda or barbados or wherever the ish is from?

actually no near bermuda
    im from a tiny country called denmark, i live in the capital city copenhagen.

i know that a swedish record seller told me he'd dug up spacing out here also, plus i recall another record affiliated friend who bought a copy from a danish seller who found the lp somewhere in west denmark....

sweden has stark realitys, denmark has invaders!

ha, maybe. But in fairness I was assigning it a working value of $800. Probably a little high

On the right day it could still probably pull in $800.

My point was actually that the middle ground of funk 45's has pretty much dried up in the last couple years. Finding 30 funk 45s that give the Invaders a run for their money will cost you either $30 (JB-related stuff) or $2000+. Just my opinion anyway.

On the right day it could still probably pull in $800.

i think this record was close to 1000$ before the latest official reissue came out
    i was offered a whooole lot of loot for my copy 4-5 years ago i recall

• People forgot the reason to collect lp's in the first place is for the music.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    its a solid fucking record, if it was valued at $1 or $10,000, get over it.

and dont make some case why youre a super fucking bad-ass for not liking it.

hahahaha

that said, i suppose i can see why some people wouldnt love this record...but its definitely one of my favorites of all time, anybody wanna hold a copy for me? name your price. just...gimme a few months to save up.

• nevermind that old LP....what about that INVADERS 45???

nevermind that old LP....what about that INVADERS 45???

YES! i recall somebody on here talked about a 45 they recorded under a different name....whassup, a joke or real?

still not even knowing it was reished i sampled it for a track on a record i did for a graffiti soundtrack

mixed this with m.dejean, playin around filtering the beats, keeping it simple and keeping the groove

http://www.yousendit.com/download/EsgXbEtjkY95TA%3D%3D

• nevermind that old LP....what about that INVADERS 45???

YES! i recall somebody on here talked about a 45 they recorded under a different name....whassup, a joke or real?

i recall someone meaning the title track (i think) was on a 45 with the same sleeve(-ish)