Dollar Bin records you wish you copped or horded..

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Dollar Bin records you wish you copped but now can't find... Yeah this has been posted before but it's been ahwhile and I haven't seen a Les Mcann LAYERS in any bin in a long time... Shoot that Pharoh Sanders and a bunch of sure shot Dollar binners are not in site anymore... Who is to blame for this EBAY. New Beat Diggers? Hmmm I think maybe beat diggin horrders are to blame I bet some of yaal got 20 copies in your bin waiting for them shits to go for a G.... Shoot I still won't pay over 5 for most of them... So what I'm really asking is what have you horded lately??? Come on You know you have weather it's been Records or Kicks come on out, stop looking in the mirror and let the Soul Strut Society KNOW!Come on I know sombody copped about 5 copies of Bob James 1-3 or those Nike Dunks...

Comments

• Come on You know you have weather it's been Records or Kicks come on out, stop looking in the mirror and let the Soul Strut Society KNOW!

I wish these all cost a dollar...

• copped for Christmas on Yahoo Auctions Japan, hard to find a pair of fresh kicks in a US size 13 in Tokyo!

• fresh, those dunks were made to commemorate the J3's I think.... Have you seen these? I'm bout ready to drop $130 on 'em, too fresh:

These are the J2 pack jawns. That price tage is killin' me though.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Records that were in dollar bins in the 70s.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Records that were in dollar bins in the 70's 90's.

Records that were in dollar bins in the 70's 90's.

Where?

Where?

Don't bother - they're gone now.

Where?

no shit, but just curious where you found a Boscoe in the dollar bin.

• Yeah they are the AJ3 Jordan Pack Dunks....

I like those Jordan Pack 2s...but I don't really like the original Air Jordan 2....more of a 1, 3, 4, 5 guy myself. I like the black heeled AJ1 dunks that dropped too!

• Where?

no shit, but just curious where you found a Boscoe in the dollar bin.

canada- you needed a shopping cart to haul them all away.

canada- you needed a shopping cart to haul them all away.

U KNOW HOW I DEW

• canada- you needed a shopping cart to haul them all away.

U KNOW HOW I DEW

"Boscoe's for sale! 1 for $3, 2 for $5!"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Used dollar bins are ok for finding stuff sometimes but I'm not worring about what I left behind. It's the 5&dime dollar bins I wish I had worked harder. '82 I was taking some classes at Galludet in DC. I'd stop in this liquor store once a week to buy a record, Lynn Collins Think, JBs Pass The Peas, another JBs I think, A Parliment and Smoky Quite Storm, maybe some gospel records too. I know there were multiples of all that stuff plus lots and lots of Redd Foxx records. Were there Brockingtons, Rudy Ray Moores, Andrew White? I don't know probably.

In Portland about the same time this basement TV repair shop had gospel records. I bought a few good ones but could only afford 3 or 4 a year.

A few years later Peaches in Seattle had a blow out of really good records, a lot of Japanese P-Vine titles. I only had the money to cop a few. About '88 I hit the Tower Records cut out store in NYC. Lots of Folkways and New World titles plus who knows what. I remember I spent a fortune and walked out with a big stack, Maybe $20 10 - 15 records, I thought I was a baller.

When I opened my shop in '90 I had to secret spots. The first was Fred Meyers where they had a rack that always had 2 or 3 Norman Connors Slewfoot and I forget the couple of good titles there. Then there was a second floor warehouse near the Burnside Bridge, They had stacks of Clones Of Dr Funkenstein, Brides Of Funkenstein, MEco, Traveres, Bt Express, Brass Construction and on and on like that. I'd spend 50 - 100 a month at a dollar a record. It burnt down before I was finished clearing it out. They also had this Elvis Book that was set up kinda like a scrap book, I sold a stack of those too for a nice markup.

It's that liquor store in DC that haunts me.

Not that anyone asked, but that shopping cart is
    all tricked out & customized:

We'd opt for some 20-inch dubs ourselves, but this bad boy has GPS,
    a mini-fridge, AM/FM cassette stereo, LCD screen with TV tuner, can crusher[/b],
    alarm with strobe lights, a tent, solar powered battery charger, and a slide
    out seat.

can crusher[/b]