Plaese to vote here and keep me employed yesplaese

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
This magazine based out of SF, 7X7, which caters to people that go to a bunch of upscale, flashy spots that I play at all the time, is having an online best SF DJ of the year survey:http://www.7x7sf.com/surveys/4765396.htmlIf ya'll would be so kind as to vote for me as best DJ and City Visions as best promoter, you would be doing a good service to one of your kindest internet friends! Basically, the club Dj market in SF is hella strange these days and these types of clubs have been the ones holding me down more or less. So you're basically helping to keep me employed. Thanks Strut fam!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Since it's a write-in, Morse Code as DJ, right?

Done. Good luck, mang!

• yay!

i voted twice even!

i hope i win best promoter

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks this is not a great look?

(I am prepared for the everyone else stuffs the ballots comeback too, so try something else.)

• Done!

Holler if you need someone to carry your raptop one day.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    voted. good luck

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I beat that bitch with a Nat.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

(I am prepared for the everyone else stuffs the ballots comeback too, so try something else.)
    are we hindering the democratic process, frank?

are we hindering the democratic process, frank?

when i used to write for a weekly rag, i had to help tally these votes. it's a joke. not even in the ballpark of accurate or democratic. but i guess that's the game and dude's playing it. i'm not trying to be high and mighty--sounding that way--i should step off.

i voted for donovansf.

sorry.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Voted! Good luck mang

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    now what wil be your grown and sexy fit if you make it for the group photo shoot.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This magazine based out of SF, 7X7, which caters to people that go to a bunch of upscale, flashy spots that I play at all the time, is having an online best SF DJ of the year survey:

http://www.7x7sf.com/surveys/4765396.html

If ya'll would be so kind as to vote for me as best DJ and City Visions as best promoter, you would be doing a good service to one of your kindest internet friends!

Basically, the club Dj market in SF is hella strange these days and these types of clubs have been the ones holding me down more or less. So you're basically helping to keep me employed. Thanks Strut fam!

done!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

sorry.

i didnt know anthony keidis was a dj!!

• What's your idea of a dream vacation?

sipping mojitos on the beach

trekking in the Himalayas

shopping your way through Europe

hiking and camping in the Sierras

• when i used to write for a weekly rag, i had to help tally these votes.
    sucker. id rather clean toilets.

i cast my ballot...voed soulstrut party line

clean toilets.

done that too. and it's debatable as to what's worse. i actually voted for Morse before i made my little comment. anyways...can't a brother stir up some shit around here?

*crawls back under bridge*

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Hey thanks everybody! I really appreciate it.

And Fatback, you're right. The name of the game with these things IS to try and get as many people as you know to vote for you because everyone else is doing the same thing. It's not like I'm being dishonest about it. The people that read this magazine go to these clubs that I play at. Are they my favorite clubs in the world? Not at all. The spots that allow me to be more creative do NOT pay the bills. These upscale spots, however, DO allow me to eat off DJ'ing, thankyouverymuch. I just figured I would call on my strut fam to help a dude out is all.

• i gotchya

• I gotcha Nat.

Hey thanks everybody! I really appreciate it.

And Fatback, you're right. The name of the game with these things IS to try and get as many people as you know to vote for you because everyone else is doing the same thing. It's not like I'm being dishonest about it. The people that read this magazine go to these clubs that I play at. Are they my favorite clubs in the world? Not at all. The spots that allow me to be more creative do NOT pay the bills. These upscale spots, however, DO allow me to eat off DJ'ing, thankyouverymuch. I just figured I would call on my strut fam to help a dude out is all.

i feel you dude. we're all hustlin and we do what it takes. i'm just joshin.

still...they should give donovansf "best site to wack-off to" though.

• *crawls back under bridge*
    haha...there was this little foot bridge at my college where someone stenciled CAUTION TROLL UNDER BRIDGE at the start. always crackde me up, especially when i was drunk.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    still...they should give DJ Ferrari "best DJ that can't get a gig"[/b] though.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    done.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    done.

• my man:

who won last year? I looked at the photo and all I saw was some dude with a Renee and Angela Keytard, another dude (?) with the some horrendous cut-chemist dreadlocks, a cat with blue camo cargo pants and what looks like the staff of marketing at GAP headquarters.

For the photo you need to something wacky....seriously.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Hollowed at my boy. Good luck.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    done.

Thanks ya'll.

my man:

who won last year? I looked at the photo and all I saw was some dude with a Renee and Angela Keytard, another dude (?) with the some horrendous cut-chemist dreadlocks, a cat with blue camo cargo pants and what looks like the staff of marketing at GAP headquarters.

For the photo you need to something wacky....seriously.

Yeah I have no idea, I don't actually read this shit! haha, but yeah I spotted that dude Solomon in there from a couple years ago, that's about it. Damn on gp if I win I should figure out a way to work the Strut into the picture somehow.

UPDATE: Will your help, I fucked around and won the damn thing. Now let the clowning begin. Hi Serg!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Oh shit. Congrats!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts