Summer Fridays

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone else have them? I'm out of here in 20 minutes!

Comments

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I'm at work
    trying to sneak up on lunch time and hit the thrift store dig here

• Hell no....(I wish)

One of the lan techs here was telling me about how the last place he worked the whole operation shut down before noon on Fridays....

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

Starting at the end of june, I get every friday off for the rest of the summer - its a paid day, too. One of the perks of working in a University!

Peace

h

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    That's a pretty hot setup.

This is my first work-from-home Friday. Can you believe my new job agreed to this? It rules. I just got back from a jog.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LET'S GO~!!!!!!!!!!!! TGIF LIKE A MOTHA.

a lot of times i feel like hitting the club or drinking, and all of my friends are doing something! does this happen to yall, or am i just a loner?

• I'm having a chill day...got my new motherboard/tower, hanging with elias (who's actually eating cheechos w/ nannas at this very moment). Messed with doubs of VanGuard after a sneak a toke out back earlier, good stuff...great basslines to cut with...

Putting together some remix action for this evening's set, sounding pretty decent so far (hope hope)

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Putting together some remix action for this evening's set, sounding pretty decent so far (hope hope)

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

• Options
    I'm coming back into the city from my cottage to deal at a record fair on Sunday...and check out a collection on Saturday. Back up Monday or Tuesday.

K.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

a lot of times i feel like hitting the club or drinking, and all of my friends are doing something! does this happen to yall, or am i just a loner?

This happens to me a lot these days (a welcome change)...I get off work at my new job at 5:00 PM fairly consistently, and have to wait for other people to get off around 7 or 8 to go out for drinks.

That's a pretty hot setup.

This is my first work-from-home Friday. Can you believe my new job agreed to this? It rules. I just got back from a jog.

Are you and Young Phonics training for a marathon and/or the SF Pride Parade (you need stamina to walk in those heels)? This is not the first time I've heard you mention running.

• Options
    We don't have them, but there has been recent talk of changing to a four-day workweek, 10 hour days 4 days a week. Doesn't mean you get Friday off though, might have Wednesday some weeks, I think they plan on alternating it or something. Then again, they talk a lot of shit and nothing ever really changes.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    and have to wait for other people to get off around 7 or 8 to go out for drinks.
    people actually get of this late? or takes 'em 2 hours to get home? If they actually get off this late please tell me their day doesn't start at 8 or 9 am.

and have to wait for other people to get off around 7 or 8 to go out for drinks.
    people actually get of this late? or takes 'em 2 hours to get home? If they actually get off this late please tell me their day doesn't start at 8 or 9 am.

Are you kidding me? People in New York regularly work that late, especially in advertising and PR. At my old job, I was lucky if I got home before 11 PM. I was either working or traveling most weekends, too. One Monday I came in at 10 AM and ended up staying there until 1 PM the following day. That's right, Tuesday. (I probably don't have to explain why I ended up quitting)

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

This happens to me a lot these days (a welcome change)...I get off work at my new job at 5:00 PM fairly consistently, and have to wait for other people to get off around 7 or 8 to go out for drinks.

I go out to various clubs and shows on my own lately, seems like people are 1-too busy or 2-not into parking/driving/being non-lazy.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Are you kidding me? People in New York regularly work that late, especially in advertising and PR. At my old job, I was lucky if I got home before 11 PM.
    How much does one get paid for this kinda slave labor? What is that like 80hr. weeks? That is no way to live a life. You really could not pay me enough to work that much. I'll give you 40 hrs. of my life a week so that I can eat, but that's it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Anyone else have them? I'm out of here in 20 minutes!

we used to

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the notion that life revolves around work scares me.

no, seriously it does though.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Are you kidding me? People in New York regularly work that late, especially in advertising and PR. At my old job, I was lucky if I got home before 11 PM.
    How much does one get paid for this kinda slave labor? What is that like 80hr. weeks? That is no way to live a life. You really could not pay me enough to work that much. I'll give you 40 hrs. of my life a week so that I can eat, but that's it.
    motherfuckers be strollin into work at 10:30 every day. the subway is just as crowded then as it is at 8:30. 10:00pm dinner is a norm.