Bowed LP Jackets, Any Tips?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix bowed sleeves?There are a few that I'd like to look a bit less sloppy.Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Heat & pressure.
    If you can get somthing heavy & clear (small glass tabletop, whatever) cover the jacket and leave it in the sun (take out the LP, of course) it always works for me.
    ...and if the seams are getting janky:
    IMG SRC=http://www.transistor.org/restoration/gluestick.jpg>

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    contact crink he made a thread about this a while ago

• Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix bowed sleeves?

There are a few that I'd like to look a bit less sloppy.

Any advice is appreciated.

drew, you are getting most meticulous!!!

dont go overboard

• i actually hate when the same shit happens to me...the record standing up on the end always gets all saggy looking.

• keep em in plastic sleeves, to prevent this flaccid condition

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    keep em in plastic sleeves, to prevent this flaccid condition

Right--and even though it's a little more trouble to remove them when you want to listen, slide them in so that the opening to the plastic sleeve is along the top spine of the record. This will keep the two sides to the cardboard sleeve opening together.

Another suggestion: when you have a little stack of records that you've left out in order to listen to, and have slipped the plastic sleeve off and replaced it so that the opening of the plastic and cardboard sleeves align, store the records leaning against something with the spine downwards and the opening at the top, so that gravity will keep the two edges of the sleeve together.

I know I'm making this sound a lot more complicated than it is, but hopefully that helps.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That is very useful advice, thank you.

And Tone, good look out on that baklava...