SATURDAY NIGHT WHAT ARE Y'ALL FOLLS DOING?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Yeah man, for the first time in a minute i'm staying in for a saturday night. I'd figure since I did it nice last night and will do it big for NYE I might as well chill at the grab and hopefully work on a mix or some beats.I also got like 3-4 bottles of hefeweizen.....so ya know.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    amen, recovering from the work week and record packing, having my first couple of beers after being sick for almost 2 weeks? ugh

slacking on my next batch to list....

update: my sis will need the car after this winter quarter, so I might as well keep slanging and go big big big

update: she just called me to tell me a guy walked into extraordinary desserts and shot someone, holy fuk

ugh, wtf!!?!?!?!?

• Moisty Woisty, you got that new Los Hermanos Latinos EP microwaved yet? I KNEAD that, hoLmes!

Herm

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Cooking up a nice pot of sauce and about to get the spaghetti ready! Drinking Italin red, Barolla. Have a nice spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, then Macallan 12 year sherry cask Scotch after dinner. Plaese believe it

• amen, recovering from the work week and record packing, having my first couple of beers after being sick for almost 2 weeks? ugh

update: my sis will need a car after this winter quarter, so I might as well keep slanging and go big big big

update: she just called me to tell me a guy walked into extraordinary desserts and shot someone, holy fuk

ugh, wtf!!?!?!?!?

yo man....even though I hella fuck with you on this site, I think what you're doing for sister is beyond good. I'm being a 100% sincere.

Thanks man, she needs it!

Can't believe someone walked into a dessert store and shot someone! Wtf?!?!?!

Waiting to hear back from her, she sounded shook but okay. Holy fuk!!!!

amen, recovering from the work week and record packing, having my first couple of beers after being sick for almost 2 weeks? ugh

update: my sis will need a car after this winter quarter, so I might as well keep slanging and go big big big

ugh, wtf!!?!?!?!?

yo man....even though I hella fuck with you on this site, I think what you're doing for sister is beyond good. I'm being a 100% sincere.

You are a good dude Mark.

Thanks Chan, but my real question right now is:

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A PLACE WHERE YOU WALK INTO AND SHOOT SOMEONE?!?!?!?

wtf?!?!?! WTF!!!!!!

Yaargh. Okay I am going to call my sister. WTF!?!?!?!

• Cooking up a nice pot of sauce and about to get the spaghetti ready! Drinking Italin red, Barolla. Have a nice spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, then Macallan 12 year sherry cask Scotch after dinner. Plaese believe it

dog , what's your recipee? I made spaghetti for the time in a while recentley and the sauce I had was beyond bland. I've been meaning all week to go the store and get some ingredients. I like my spaghetti sauce with some spice and this store-bought Trader Joe shit wasn't cutting it.

Herm:

naw i don't have the new Hermanos Latinos. I havent microwaved any of them. I just bring those records to the few gigs I have where I can get away with that stuff.

• naw i don't have the new Hermanos Latinos. I havent microwaved any of them. I just bring those records to the few gigs I have where I can get away with that stuff.

Damn, I imagined that you would play 'em every time Becky made a lame ass request. You aren't as revolutionary as I thought you were.

• naw i don't have the new Hermanos Latinos. I havent microwaved any of them. I just bring those records to the few gigs I have where I can get away with that stuff.

Damn, I imagined that you would play 'em every time Becky made a lame ass request. You aren't as revolutionary as I thought you were.

Nope. I like making money deejaying. Those records are also more for the bedroom listening and mixes. I put a track off of number 3 on this upcoming Japan mix. I'll make sure the mail looses the packages again as well.

Nope. I like making money deejaying. Those records are also more for the bedroom listening and mixes. I put a track off of number 3 on this upcoming Japan mix. I'll make sure the mail looses the packages again as well.

Speaking of which, I STILL haven't got the last one. I was *hoping* it would be just what I needed to seduce Daze. Instead I had to play CPO's "Ballad Of A Menace."

Herm

• "Ballad Of A Menace."

file under: sweet soul

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I am posting live from the same crub in downtown SF that I'll be posting from tomorrow, mixing Nikka Costa into Lupe's "I Gotcha" and then "I'll Call Before I Come" after that, and I just got done putting Young Phonics on the list.

Strawberry Letter 23 into Girl Callin' into California Soul

Maan I love the early crowd.

• i'm about to play some funky stuff over at Amnesia...hope it's not deadzor...haha

You goin for dolo tonight B-Causedzur?

• yeah, I'm doing the diggie doj a favor cuz I owe him skrill.

where you at?

Slide, your favorite. Meaning to tell you, at the end of the night last weekend the genius sound man figured out that this little switch on the back of the 557 has to be turned on for the vinyl to work. I was like, thanks guy.

• of!

I'm doing the Clift with that cat Solomon tomorrow. Am I gonna get sonned?

Naw Solomon is mad cool you'll have fun.

OH SHIT JAMIE FOXX JUST WALKED IN NO JOKE! I don't have Gold Digger on my computer though.

Somebody post that shit please!!!!

• I am posting live from the same crub in downtown SF that I'll be posting from tomorrow, mixing Nikka Costa into Lupe's "I Gotcha" and then "I'll Call Before I Come" after that, and I just got done putting Young Phonics on the list.

damn...your set sounds like my private mind garden.....yeah man no one wanted to roll tonight so i had to head home but with an amoeba visit.

went to amoeba and found express rising on cd for 5 bucks...FUTURE RAER

i was going to text you regardless and say thank you....

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!??!

Naw Solomon is mad cool you'll have fun.

OH SHIT JAMIE FOXX JUST WALKED IN NO JOKE! I don't have Gold Digger on my computer though.

Somebody post that shit please!!!!

still need it?

THANK YOU MARK!!! I OWE YOU FOR THIS ONE DUDE.

• I went on my first official date as a newly separated dude tonight. Some chick came out to my DJ gig the other week and PM'd me via Myspace so after a few exchanges, I asked her out. We went for Ethiopian food, went bowling, and hung out at a bar afterwards. I brought her flowers when I picked her up, paid for every damn thing, made great convo, didn't try anything fresh, and even made a good impression on her friends at the bar. In all it was a pleasant evening, but when I took her home all I got was "I had fun," a hug, and not even a kiss on the cheek. Call me a chauvinist pig, but I'm thinking the "dance with random girl at a club, make out with her before even talking, holler later via email and become friends afterwards" works better for me as it's had pretty successful results three times in the past couple of months. Am I a jerk for feeling this way? Opinions please.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey YP (and others),

I just finished a draft of a paper I'm working on for the 2007 Academy of Management conference. Earlier in the evening, I went to pick up some wings on take-out from the local pub (The Chancery), and slurped down a cold G-Stout while I waited. I think I'll pour some Grand Marnier to relax before bed. 'Been puttin' in work, yo!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Cooking up a nice pot of sauce and about to get the spaghetti ready! Drinking Italin red, Barolla. Have a nice spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, then Macallan 12 year sherry cask Scotch after dinner. Plaese believe it

dog , what's your recipee? I made spaghetti for the time in a while recentley and the sauce I had was beyond bland. I've been meaning all week to go the store and get some ingredients. I like my spaghetti sauce with some spice and this store-bought Trader Joe shit wasn't cutting it.

Here you go hommie. I make a lot of different sauces, but this one is ALWAYS good. The lemon peel adds a nice bright citrus flavor.

2 Lbs. of lean ground beef
    1 onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 BIG bottle cheap Italian red wine (most for the sauce, dink the rest while you are cooking!)

2 cans whole peeled tomatoes, tomatoes cut into chunks, + the juice that comes with it (28 oz. big cans)
    2 more onions, diced
    3 more cloves of garlic, crushed (or more!)
    1 small can of tomato paste (maybe 8oz or 12oz total)
    the peel of a whole lemon
    4 bay leaves
    salt, pepper to taste

In a big pot, brown the ground beef, 1 diced onion, 3 cloves crushed garlic, salt and pepper. When browned, strain out the fat, put it back in the pot. Cover the meat with wine and simmer, covered, for about an hour (less is fine if you don't have time).

Add all the remaining ingredients, simmer, uncovered, for another hour.

Bon appetit!