What’s your favorite CAMEO song?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
Don't be so COOL, is my joint.. Shake your Pants and Cameosis are joints as well... What's your friday Cameo Jam?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "Secrets of Time" and "Sparkle"

• Rigor Mortis
    Post Mortem
    It's Serious
    The Sound Table
    Back & Forth
    Attack Me With Your Love
    Shake Your Pants
    .......& many many more

Fantastic 80's funk band.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Candy

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    "All you sucker DJs who think you're fly..."

WORD-UP yo.

• "Sparkle"

hell yeah

couple more:

Keep It Hot
    Shake Your Pants
    Rigormortis

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    SINGLE LIFE.

And I still play "Word Up" and "Candy" all the time, too.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Flirt
    She's Strange

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Don't be so COOL, is my joint.. Shake your Pants and Cameosis are joints as well... What's your friday Cameo Jam?

They have a lot of classics but

Why Have I Lost You
    Shake Your Pants
    Single Life
    Candy
    Back and Forth
    Flirt
    Keep it Hot

man they got a lot of cuts!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    "Hangin' Downtown"

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    It's Serious
    Hangin Downtown
    Find My Way - Original 76 mix

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    SINGLE LIFE.

Now I don't want anybody, to get the wrong idea 'bout me, I don't have nothing to hide, I want the world to seeeeeee...

One of the few bands that were able to weather times. 75-86.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Flirt
    Attack Me With Your Love
    Single Life

Which one is the song with the lyrics "you must be gross, but you're the most" or something close to that?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

defintitely Candy and Single life! They're probably my favorite song period ! OWWW!

defintitely Candy and Single life! They're probably my favorite song period ! OWWW!

Miles Davis is on that Machismo album. Decent cut, not great. Thats their last significant album.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    dude looks like a cross between Sloth from the goonies and Prince B from PM Dawn.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hangin' Downtown (never would've even listened to this song if Primo hadn't sampled it... thanks, Hip Hop!)
    Two Of Us (big ups to 2 Pac for this one)
    Rigor Mortis
    Why Have I Lost You
    Sparkle

They may have been a funk band, but they had some of the dopest slow jams ever. Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the house parties with the red light in effect, bumpin' and grindin' to "Why Have I Lost You". What!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    word. fashion was never their strong suit.

5. She's Strange
    4. Please You
    3. Single Life
    2. Back and Forth
    1. Shake Your Pants

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    ...Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the house parties with the red light in effect, bumpin' and grindin' to "Why Have I Lost You". What!

Man Phill... my dad used to talk about those parties and he turned 53 today... your really old! ... my guess is 35.

Hangin' Downtown (never would've even listened to this song if Primo hadn't sampled it... thanks, Hip Hop!)
    Two Of Us (big ups to 2 Pac for this one)
    Rigor Mortis
    Why Have I Lost You
    Sparkle

They may have been a funk band, but they had some of the dopest slow jams ever. Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the house parties with the red light in effect, bumpin' and grindin' to "Why Have I Lost You". What!

Damn I forgot about "Two of Us". You're definitely right about their slow jams too. Fuck raers! Its all about Cameosis.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    word. fashion was never their strong suit.

Quit talking crazy...The cod piece was/is legendary.

Damn I forgot about "Two of Us". You're definitely right about their slow jams too. Fuck raers! Its all about Cameosis.

That's what I'm talkin' about, son! Just good music, raerness doesn't even matter. "Two Of Us" is my shizz... I slept on that for years.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Word Young Weezey! Cameo got the slow jams on lock!

...Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the house parties with the red light in effect, bumpin' and grindin' to "Why Have I Lost You". What!

Man Phill... my dad used to talk about those parties and he turned 53 today... your really old! ... my guess is 35.

35??? Hahahaha... don't forget, I used to babysit Kool Herc. I was probably deejaying at some of those parties your pops used to go to, backspinnin' on one of those floor model tv / record player combos with the automatic record changer!

That's what I'm talkin' about, son! Just good music, raerness doesn't even matter. "Two Of Us" is my shizz... I slept on that for years.

I actually used "Two of Us" for one of my first slaps on my emax in 94. Thought it was real dope at the time. I'm goin to have to download some Cameo off the seek when I get home.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    - it's serious -

straight afro funk. now i have to check out that two of us jammy. sounds tight.

Check out the all ballads cd. Smokerjacketshit!!!!!!!!!!!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    35??? Hahahaha...
    wow... grown man sport.

35??? Hahahaha...
    wow... grown man sport.

yeah, man... I'm lookin' older every year, but if wasn't for the numerous botox injections i'd be looking like THIS

"Neva stop diggin', batches!"

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    And how can I forget "Shake Your Pants"? But "Flirt", I remember seeing the video on BET way back when and thinking "wow, look at those titties. I can see where they're coming from". But that other song I was talking about, it must've been from the same album. I'll go check.

EDIT: The song was "Alligator Woman":

You're a mess, I must confess

You make me hot, with what you've got.

Your big behind, it makes me blind,

Don't take me gross, but you're the most.

You're a mess, I must confess

You make me hot, with what you've got.

Your big behind, it makes me blind,

I must be gross