!!! BARCELONA STRUTTERS STAND UP !!!

ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Hi Barcelonians,we be spinning at the "Bread & Butter" fashion fair in Barcelona in Jan.I wonder if any Barcelonian Strutters here, because I need some info and would love to play a club night there... But also just to meet real life strutters or go digging / trading, sight seeing whateverrrrr... So dont hesitate, hook me up please :-)All the best for 2007,Scopewww.discodiamant.de

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I wish I was going to Barcelona!

• No one here from Barcelona???

Can't believe this - The almighty Strut has heads all around the way!!!!

Come on, give me a pm // drop me a short line here...

THANX!!!

All the best for 2007,

SCOPA!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Scopa,

I'm not from Barcelona, and I have little to offer in the way of clubs or records, but I was there a few months ago and enjoyed it so much I'd like to air these tangential thoughts:

May I recommend reading George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia while you visit. I spent most of my trip revisiting the civil war through Orwell, visiting the areas where he was shot at, barricaded or went hungry.

I was glad to see the anarchists are still making noise:

The local goods at the Mercat de la Boqueria:

Fluxus exhibit at the Contemporary Art Museum:

You don't often get to walk on the same cobblestones that the anarchists and communists of the May Riots used as barricades. Orwell: ...the Barcelona paving-stones ought to be numbered; it would save such a lot of trouble in building and demolishing barricades... When the fighting was over, the working class would put all the stones back on the Ramblas:

ALL THINGS | RECORD-RELATED[/b]

Gaud??'s weekend finds:

I don't know if it's still up, but there was an exhibit of field recordings that I rather enjoyed:

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    No one here from Barcelona???

Can't believe this - The almighty Strut has heads all around the way!!!!

Come on, give me a pm // drop me a short line here...

THANX!!!

Yeah I could use some info too... I'll be there from Feb 9th - Feb 17th for work.