again a FLORIDA question....

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
an advance thanks to anyone who can answer this for me. my wife and I may be in the Lake Land region of the Florida (between Orlando and Tampa) area this NYE and for a wekk after that. Is this area got some flavor, or is it some serious retirement folks wasteland???? Do i need to go or avoid at all costs?? ANY help would be appreciated, as we don't want to touch down into a boring vacation. Help me o loyal and good strutters.....

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Aaron,
    I was in that area this Summer and found some good stuff at Banana's in St. Pete.....but it was ALOT of work and I had to leave most stuff I pulled because the guy prices like he's from Mars.....but they have plenty of good stuff and it will kill a day for sure. If you're looking for some tourist-like stuff to do the Salvadore Dali Museum is close by and pretty cool.

Good Luck and have a Safe & Happy New Year,

Rich

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Rich....I'm gonna send you a PM right now. Please to check it.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    anyone else got ANY info? this is some serious last minute ish we are trying to plan, and i don't want to go if the area is dry and bland. Not necessarily worried about records this time around, just don't want to be surrounded by bland people over the age of 70.

• Aaron... dude... the only thing between orlando and tampa is a place owned by Kermit, a batty millionaire who dubbed the area he bought "orlampa" and runs a museum called "freedom of flight."

• chasechase 767 Posts
    no spots I know of in Lakeland.

I have some Tampa spots if you need, there are some better spots in Orlando

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Not much there. Florida native, Orlando resident for five years. If you want a good vacation get down to somewhere on the beach and kick it there for a few days. Other than that you're not looking at much in most of Florida. Lakeland is particularly crappy. However, if you must get stuck there spend a day at Islands of Adventure (assuming that you like rollercoasters). Also, there might be a decent show happening in Orlando at Firestone, Screamers, The Social, or Backbooth.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    P.S. I would NOT recommend Banana's, you will spend HOURS digging, find something you really want, and then dude will price it out of this world, and you will leave pissed off.

If he cant find it on musicstack.com it will easily be priced $25+

I did walk out of there with 2 first gear S/Ts for 14.99 each, but it was shear luck