Is it me or is Star Time not thorough enough?

2»

Comments

• last night shingaling and I had our James Brown tribute and we played nothing but James Brown, James Brown productions, covers, etc....and after about 3 and half hours I wanted to take a break, so I put on "There was a time" from "Live at the Appollo volume 2" (clocks in around 15-16 minutes long) and besides being a incredible version, I believe a long live track such as this is essential James Brown...you cant hear how dude worked a crowd, or how his band could be tick tight and take it down and then take it up again at the drop of a hat in a 2 minute single....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    last night shingaling and I had our James Brown tribute and we played nothing but James Brown, James Brown productions, covers, etc....and after about 3 and half hours I wanted to take a break, so I put on "There was a time" from "Live at the Appollo volume 2" (clocks in around 15-16 minutes long) and besides being a incredible version, I believe a long live track such as this is essential James Brown...you cant hear how dude worked a crowd, or how his band could be tick tight and take it down and then take it up again at the drop of a hat in a 2 minute single....

Hey hey baby, I feel alright, ONE TIME.

Incredible live version of my favorite song.

• last night shingaling and I had our James Brown tribute and we played nothing but James Brown, James Brown productions, covers, etc....and after about 3 and half hours I wanted to take a break, so I put on "There was a time" from "Live at the Appollo volume 2" (clocks in around 15-16 minutes long) and besides being a incredible version, I believe a long live track such as this is essential James Brown...you cant hear how dude worked a crowd, or how his band could be tick tight and take it down and then take it up again at the drop of a hat in a 2 minute single....

Hey hey baby, I feel alright, ONE TIME.

Incredible live version of my favorite song.

The version of "T.W.A.T." (!!!!)[/b] from Live At The Apollo, Vol. 2 is actually the hit version - of course, the single edit fades out not long after JB tells us that "you can bet you haven't seen nothin' yet till you see me do the James Brown."

Later, King Records took the crowd-participation part ("hey hey, I feel all right") and released that on the It's A Mother album as "Little Old Groove Maker Me."

Parts one and two, if I remember correctly.