I'm really tired today and loving it

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Everyone's always talking bout GRINDING and EVERYDAY I'M HUSTLING and PUTTING IN WORK. That's all great and everything but man I am fucking TIRED today guys! I've been GRINDING and PUTTING IN WORK lately and today I'm seriously content to just sit here on the couch. I've left the house once today to get some tea and a bagel. This mom of a kid that was in my class when I was a teacher called me a few days ago and asked me if she could pay me to put together a party mix for her to play at her NYE party, and she caught me at kind of a crazy moment, so I just put out the figure of $200. This morning it occured to me that I wanted more money, so I called her and said (even though I haven't even started it yet) "hey this is turning out to be taking waaaaay longer than I expected, would it be unreasonable for to ask for $300?" She asked to add and extra half hour to it and then we got a deal. It really wasn't like me to do that but now I am LAUGHING MY WAY TO THE BANK! Mwuhahaha! Whatever, this mom is from an UBER rich family that lives in the nicest part of SF, so fuck 'em! Yeah, so you dudes ever have these kind of days where you're just like fuck it? I'm thinking bout maybe puffin these trees right here, which will probably de-motivate me further, but then I gotta clean up 'cause my girl's been down in Long Beach today getting a puppy. That's right, tonight I will be the proud co-owner of a yorkshire terrier puppy. I will most assuredly look like a girly man walking that thing. Its my buddy's birthday and tonight we're doing the third annual sludgeaquatics games which consist of muddy frisbee and football games and beer. What are you guys doing?

Comments

• Yes, I'm having a day like that today. I didn't get any sleep last night because the wind was making a racket, I was stuck on BART for an hour this morning and I've been kind of sleep walking through work today. Luckily this week has been really laid back.

I want to cut out of work right now but I have to bare with it for another hour.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im tired but thats just cos i was drinking last night and then went to the gym this morning. im trying to sort out some tracks in Microwave for a sure to be tepid '06 mix while debating as to whether i should open up this bottle of sake or wine at work

• sore winner

b/w

sitting in a cubicle > owning a girlie dog.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Yeah nobody really gives a fuck this week. Is that you in your avatar?

• Yeah nobody really gives a fuck this week. Is that you in your avatar?

Yes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yeah nobody really gives a fuck this week.

sore winner

don't get it, speak to me in ingles.

b/w

Wait, maybe you're ri.....nawww....hahahahaha... I'll probably end up being a sucker for this thing as soon as I see it, and then my girl will hate me 'cause the dog will like me better.

• sore winner

don't get it, speak to me in engrish.

b/w

Wait, maybe you're ri.....nawww....hahahahaha... I'll probably end up being a sucker for this thing as soon as I see it, and then my girl will hate me 'cause the dog will like me better.

Sayin'! You working from home + that dog always at home = Naglsworth Bentley.

Yeah nobody really gives a fuck this week. Is that you in your avatar?

Yes.

hey you're a pretty fun beer drinking guy there huh? sweet.

I'll probably learn how to love the dawg. I hope.

• I'll probably learn how to love the dawg. I hope.

Oh...believe me you'll learn to love me....or else

• Yeah nobody really gives a fuck this week. Is that you in your avatar?

Yes.

hey you're a pretty fun beer drinking guy there huh? sweet.

Yes.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey MC,

I've been bubblin' over too with motivation today (Yeah, right!). My incredibly long list of completed tasks today included: Revising and sending over the draft of my job talk paper and vita for my Vanderbilt job visit (January 8th). I had a stack of articles to read but I couldn't do it today. Since I finished my grades yesterday, I've been lazy. Plus, acrimony between moms and I had me in a bum mood. So, I surfed the net a lot of the day goofing off. Oh well, I had a busy Fall 2006 semester, so I'm due some time off. Slackdom is cool when you normally work your ass off.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. I just finished listening to "Doing it to Death" by The JBs.

• It sure does feel good being slovenly, huh? I know after 2007 kicks in I'll be back on the beam, but for now, I'm lovin' my inactivity. Just kicking back, getting to know some of the vinyl I haven't been spinning as much as I should.

• Everyone's always talking bout GRINDING and EVERYDAY I'M HUSTLING and PUTTING IN WORK. That's all great and everything but man I am fucking TIRED today guys! I've been GRINDING and PUTTING IN WORK lately and today I'm seriously content to just sit here on the couch. I've left the house once today to get some tea and a bagel. This mom of a kid that was in my class when I was a teacher called me a few days ago and asked me if she could pay me to put together a party mix for her to play at her NYE party, and she caught me at kind of a crazy moment, so I just put out the figure of $200. This morning it occured to me that I wanted more money, so I called her and said (even though I haven't even started it yet) "hey this is turning out to be taking waaaaay longer than I expected, would it be unreasonable for to ask for $300?" She asked to add and extra half hour to it and then we got a deal. It really wasn't like me to do that but now I am LAUGHING MY WAY TO THE BANK! Mwuhahaha! Whatever, this mom is from an UBER rich family that lives in the nicest part of SF, so fuck 'em! Yeah, so you dudes ever have these kind of days where you're just like fuck it? I'm thinking bout maybe puffin these trees right here, which will probably de-motivate me further, but then I gotta clean up 'cause my girl's been down in Long Beach today getting a puppy. That's right, tonight I will be the proud co-owner of a yorkshire terrier puppy. I will most assuredly look like a girly man walking that thing. Its my buddy's birthday and tonight we're doing the third annual sludgeaquatics games which consist of muddy frisbee and football games and beer. What are you guys doing?

Honestly I get like that everyday of my life. I get into wrk at 9am sometimes earlier then don't get home till after 7pm everyday. Then sometimes I get back online around 12am because my company has an office in India which is like 8 or 10 hours ahead of EST and I end up helping my boss out for a couple of hours. But I have seriously been thinking about putting up my resume on Dice and seeing if I can get a job offer in Los Angeles -- the opposite side of the country from me (in DC). If I get an offer 15 to 20k more than what I make here I will backthe bags and go.

sake at work

DO IT

If I get an offer 15 to 20k more than what I make here I will backthe bags and go

DO IT

after 2007 kicks in I'll be back on the beam, but for now, I'm lovin' my inactivity.

YES

Slackdom is cool when you normally work your ass off.

WORDS TO LIVE BY.

Now I have to go outside and rake leaves before the sun goes down, so that the puppy can go outside. *sigh*, its all about the puppy now.

• sergserg 682 Posts

Now I have to go outside and rake leaves before the sun goes down, so that the puppy can go outside. *sigh*, its all about the puppy now.

that is fucking retarded. if the dog can't overcome a battle of wits with a pile of fucking leaves then it doesn't deserve to be a dog. I don't care how small it is, small does not equal grooming it to be the pussiest four legs of sucks ever.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    after 2007 kicks in I'll be back on the beam, but for now, I'm lovin' my inactivity.

YES

Slackdom is cool when you normally work your ass off.

WORDS TO LIVE BY.

Hey MC,

I'm sorry, but I backslid and did some work. I completed reading an article about organizational climate strength for a paper I'm writing (for Academy of Management Journal). Now, I'm off for dinner and some Wednesday night karaoke. Wha, you didn't know about Stacks's velvety-smooth tenor voice?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak