ipod deadphones. seriously wtfr.

mallardmallard 452 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
just bought a nano a month ago. listening at totally reasonable volumes. non-hip-hop material for the most part. right earphone just started buzzing. why is there no backlash? this is my 2nd set and both have blown within a month. any compact listening suggestions?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Etymotic.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Shure

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah the ipod headphones suck!!

• they suck but they should be under 1 year warrenty

thats cool but i dont think its worth the energy to keep replacing them when they will continue to shit the bed.

here's a thread with some good suggestions for casual litening as well as studio use:
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1

• thanks. i saw that a while ago, but when i said casual i meant to insinuate 'earphones'.

anyone try those $100 bose jawns? im not too keen on dropping a c for 2 plugs, but if they're gonna last and the sound is right...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    those 15 dollar blue sennheisers are good and actually pretty durable

• what about those sony ones that sit outside your ear with like a little hook on your ear type thing, they got like a pull string so you can put them in your pocket and they don't get tangled.

they're not ear phones but they're small enough that they're still 'casual'

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I have a pair of Sennheiser in-ears in the $50 range that are bomb-as. They have great isolation, and good enough frequency response, and stereo image for casual listening. Highly recommend.

• If you dent the grills on them headphones, even a tiny bit, they sound blown.

Did it to mine the day after I got the pod.

Replaced with a great set that hook onto the tops of the ears, made by Koss, great bass responce.

Peace for now, Peace for later

• I grabbed a pair of these: Ultimate Ears Super.fi.5

Best investment for ipod listening.

I grabbed a pair of these: Ultimate Ears Super.fi.5

Best investment for ipod listening.

a little pricey.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    industry standard practice, all companies bundle their players w/ cheap headphones. It's to keep the sticker price down, as that is what consumers demand.

If you're into music at all, buy a nice pair of headphones. It's a no brainer.

I use shure e2c's and they've been great. Another upside to better headphones is less battery usage, since you don't have to crank your ipod all the way up to get a decent output.