Gettin drunk and breaking records

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
This new years eve i'm djing again, i have to remember to not get so smashed that i can't line the 45 hole up with the adapter, two new years ago i broke a copy of Bongo Rock 45 and jb's - doing it to death. Not like there tough records to get, but those records don't deserve to be broken.

Comments

• This new years eve i'm djing again, i have to remember to not get so smashed that i can't line the 45 hole up with the adapter, two new years ago i broke a copy of Bongo Rock 45 and jb's - doing it to death. Not like there tough records to get, but those records don't deserve to be broken.

one year on halloween my boy had a crate of garbage records w/o sleeves. we proceeded to tape black cats (fireworks) to the records, light, and throw like a frisbee. it was 'fun' watching people freak out and get rained on by sharp vinyl shards on the street below!

• i have two records i'm too scared to play after late night, drunken exhibitions in my house. one, a drunken roomate stepped on...man, that apt. was a shithole.

i figure, if i never find out they're fucked up, then they aren't.

• i have this pretty awesome cal state bakersfield slap bass record. one night i played it. oh yeah, before i go on i was stoned out of my mind. yeah, so back to my story, i played it and it had a lil skip. so i put a penny on the needle. still skipping. so i put a nickel on the needle. skip. a quarter. skip. so then i took the metal 45 core and put it on top of the needle. now it has a spiral scratch over the whole thing and the awesome slap bass side is ruined.

• i have this pretty awesome cal state bakersfield slap bass record. one night i played it. oh yeah, before i go on i was stoned out of my mind. yeah, so back to my story, i played it and it had a lil skip. so i put a penny on the needle. still skipping. so i put a nickel on the needle. skip. a quarter. skip. so then i took the metal 45 core and put it on top of the needle. now it has a spiral scratch over the whole thing and the awesome slap bass side is ruined.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    An old classmate of mine got drunk with her friends when she was 17 and peeled the banana off her dads Velvet Underground record. Don't know how popular that was, exactly...